Motives

Bella was gone for the weekend, whisked off to Florida with Edward to spend it with Reeeè. I liked Renée, she helped raise me for 3 years of my life, but she was never my mother, I always knew that deep down. I was on patrol with the Pack and the Cullens on the nights I crashed at the Clearwaters' place. On the second night, Victoria showed, jumping back and forth between the border, and it ended with Emmett trying to jump over to the Wolves' side, but Paul tackled him out of the air and Victoria got away. "This is a nightmare." I groaned to Dad, curled up on the armchair.

"Yeah, well, this will all be over soon, right?" Dad said, peeking out of the window.

"Ok, Dad, you don't need to keep an eye on the driveway.

"I don't trust Edward. Not after what he did."

"Ok, I get that, but Bella's the granddaughter of Ares, she's tougher than she looks." After a moment, he stepped back.

"They're here." He said. The door opened a minute later. "Welcome home kid!" Dad practically shouted. "How was Jacksonville?"

"Moist." Bella replied. "And buggy."

"So, Renée didn't sell you on the University of Florida?"

"She tried. But I'd rather drink water than inhale it."

"Did you have a nice time?" Dad asked Edward evenly.

"Yes." Edward replied gently. "René was very hospitable."

"That's...um...good. Glad you had fun." I stood as Dad pulled Bella into a hug.

"Glad you're home." I said as Bella pulled away from Dad. Bella turned to me and shifted on her feet. "You best call Jacob, he's been blowing up my phone and I can't deal with him." I headed downstairs, not waiting to hear Bella's response.