Confrontation

Graduation was getting closer and closer, which meant I would have more time to train and prepare for the battle with Gaea. After Leah dropped me off at home, I was downstairs in my room packing my bags for my sleepovers at the Clearwaters' house. I grabbed a handful of clothes to toss in a bag. "Hey, Aspen?" Bella asked from the bottom of the stairs.

"What?" I asked, not looking at her.

"I was just wondering...can you teach me to fight?" I paused in my packing. "I'm a Demigid too, I should be able to protect myself-" I chuckled under my breath. "What's so funny?"

"I think it's funny that the first words you speak to me in months is asking me how to fight."

"I've wanted to talk to you in all that time but you won't talk to me!" Bella protested.

"Because you refuse to apologise for your actions!" I turned and glared at Bella. I could feel the plants dotted around my room start to grow. "You run off to Italy with barely a note, you freak me and Dad out to no end, and you go to the Volturi!"

"I'm a Demigod." Bella argued. "I should be able to-"

"I don't have time to train you, Bella." I zipped up my bag.

"If you didn't spend all your time on the Rez, maybe you would."

"I spend all my time on the Rez because it's the only place where I don't have to hide when I train." I threw my bag over my shoulder and turned to Bella. "Before you think of asking me for a favour, maybe try apologising for your behaviour. You're eighteen, own up to your actions." I walked up the stairs, shoulder-checking Bella as I headed upstairs.