Chapter 1: Buy me dessert first,

Hey guys! This story will have a lot of sensitive topics, such as but not limited to: Referenced suicide, talk about drugs, potential self-harm, Referenced/Implied sexual content (none is showed but it's there for the plot), abuse. This is present for the WHOLE STORY. Those are re occuring themes during the WHOLE STORY. Some more than others. I will NOT put warnings at the start of ALL of the chapters. This is your FIRST and FINAL warning. If anything triggers you after reading this warning, it is no longer my fault. Again, I repeat, those are re occuring themes during the WHOLE STORY.

So, this.. Is what people call awkward.

Grian didn't understand at first- Sure, arriving late to class was awkward. Sure, being the only one with a different math result was awkward. Sure, people calling out your obviously un-preened wings was awkward but-

This is another level of awkward.

«I will be choosing the pairs,» The art teacher had announced, which is what you'd classify as awkward. Art, to some people, definitely to Grian, was some intimate thing. Making groups with people for art projects was already hard enough, but the teacher choosing for them?

«Mumbo and Cubfan, you'll be paired together this season-» Oh god. His best friend's gone for some prick who he doesnt known the name of- This was the end of the world, wasn't it- Well, all he's got to hope is to get Pearl or Jimmy- «Pearl, you'll be with Scott.» She hears the girl swear some spell under her breath, oh well. Surely he'll be with Jimmy- «Tango and Jimmy,» the teacher hates him.

Now, it's more than sure that he'll be with a stranger. He can hope for BigB- «BigB and Ren-» Okay, now all he can really hope for is nothing. All hope is lost- He'll be with some stranger. «Joel and Etho, Bdubs and Impulse-» Okay, so are all the good strangers gone, now? Is this what his destiny is, alone, with some random stranger by his side- «Scar and Grian.»

Somehow, the teacher found worse.

The world seemed to end right then and there- There was no noise, apart from Pearl's loud laugh mocking him- And the yells of the teacher, telling her to keep it down.

Grian doesn't hear any of the other groups being called out- The only words in his head currently were 'Grian and Scar'.

He might as well die right then and there. Because there was no way, no absolute fucking way, that Grian was ever gonna talk to Scar- Or, more precisely, that Scar was ever gonna speak to Grian. He hates him, it's clear, out in the open, as obvious as the fact that the earth is round-- Although, knowing Scar, Grian's sure he could spit out some bullshit like the earth was cubic--

'Knowing Scar,' What was Grian on about? He didn't know Scar. At least, not in the past year. Before though, he definitely did know. But, a year and an incident will be doing things to you, and Grian is more than sure that Scar has changed, if not only physically, because of the big obvious Scars- Oh, how ironic is the name, now?- are.

«Well, you have the rest of the hour to discuss what topic you'll want to depict, and you have until the end of June to give it back to me. Further instruction will be given tommorow. Please, be nice to each other- Pearl--» There's no way. The teacher has got to be kidding. She's got to be giggling in her own world thinking about everything she's done. Not pairing Pearl with him or Gem and pairing him with Scar! Of all people ! The one person who hates Grian-- actually, a lot of people hated Grian-- But the only one who had an actual, valid raison to hate Grian- Everyone else has a valid reason to hate Grian- Well, a valid reason in Grian's opinion. And that's not anybody- Actually, it's only Scar.