20

Mirana's eyes are the size of saucers when she gets out of the car and looks at the Thorsen household

Mirana's eyes are the size of saucers when she gets out of the car and looks at the Thorsen household. She reaches into the car and unclips Isaac, lifting the boy into her arms and he happily babbles in her ear as Mirana walks up the driveway.

"I feel like I should be in an extremely expensive dress just standing on your driveway," Mirana says to Aaron who grins at her.

"Welcome to Casa de Thorsen," Aaron says, pushing the door open.

"Casa?" Mirana shakes her head. "This is a castillo"

"Alright, theatre room is this way," Aaron says, pointing down the hallway. "But I got your things when I was on the way back"

"Thanks," Mirana nods, taking the small bag before passing Isaac to Aaron. "Bathroom?"

"Just here," Aaron says, pushing the door open. "Theater room is three doors down on the left"

"Gracias,"

Mirana closes and locks the bathroom door before pulling the pregnancy tests out of the bag. She bites her lip nervously as she pees on all three sticks before capping them and placing them on the counter.

As she watches the timer count down, her leg bounces and she picks at the skin on her thumb. When the timer goes off, she jumps in surprise before she looks at the tests. Her head drops and she squeezes her eyes closed.

Negative

Mirana sucks in a deep breath before she throws the tests in the trash can and washes her hands again. Mirana then grabs some toilet tissue before dabbing at her eyes, making sure her mascara isn't smudged before she leaves the bathroom.

She pushes open the door to the theatre room to see Aaron bouncing a laughing Isaac on his knee.

Mirana forces a smile as she enters the room, pushing aside her disappointment. "Having fun, Isaac?"

Isaac giggles and reaches out for Mirana, his chubby hands grasping at the air.

"Yeah, he's having a blast," Aaron says, grinning. "He's a smiley boy."

Mirana takes Isaac into her arms, planting a kiss on his cheek. "Good to hear."

"So?" Aaron turns to face her and Mirana shakes her head. "I'm sorry"

"It's not your fault," Mirana says, stroking Isaac's head. "I just hoped, you know?"

"Yeah," Aaron nods. "So what do you want to watch?"

"Isaac's obsessed with anything Disney," Mirana shrugs. "His favourite is probably Peter Pan"

"Peter Pan it is," Aaron says, loading the movie before he squeezes Mirana's hand. "It'll be okay, you know? If you want, I can help you find the best IVF doctor in LA"

"Thanks, I'll talk to Tim tonight and I might take you up on it,"

︵‿︵‿︵‿︵︵‿︵‿︵‿︵︵‿︵‿︵‿︵

Tim walks into the house, exhausted from fighting with people who seemed to recover from the most drastic injuries thanks to Bomb-X. The only light on is the lamp in the living room where Mirana is sitting on the couch, watching the TV and he notices her shoulders are shaking and there are tissues scattered everywhere.

He drops his bag on the floor and his keys in the dish before hurrying over to his crying fiancee, sitting next to her on the couch.

"Isaac and Elina are asleep," Mirana murmurs.

"Are you okay?" Tim asks Mirana who shakes her head, sniffling quietly. "Hey, what's going on?"

"I thought I was embarazada again," Mirana whispers. "My period was late, I've been feeling tired and a bit ill so I thought- So I got Aaron to grab me some tests"

"And?" Tim asks, wrapping his arms around his fiancee.

"I'm not pregnant," Mirana whispers, a quiet sob falling from her lips.

"Do you want another baby?" Tim asks as he strokes her hair.

"I do," Mirana nods. "But the doctor said it's going to be harder to conceive naturally after the botched cirugia in Guatemala"

"We'll try," Tim says. "If not we'll take the other routes, IVF, surrogate, even adoption if that's something you want to look into"

"Aaron said if it comes to us needing IVF he'll help us find the best fertility doctor in LA," Mirana sniffles, wiping her face with her sleeves. "I'm sorry I can't give you a baby easily"

"Don't you ever apologise," Tim whispers, pressing a kiss to the top of Mirana's head. "You know, even though you're a snotty mess right now, you look very pretty"

"You're an idiot," Mirana giggles, resting her head against Tim's chest. "You're a terrible pillow"

"I'm a great pillow!"

"Too muscly," Mirana says and she feels Tim's chest rumble with laughter. "So you want to try for another baby?"

"I do," Tim nods. "But next time you think you're pregnant, tell me hmm?"

"I didn't want you to be disappointed with me," Mirana whispers.

"Mirana, I could never be disappointed in you," he says softly, cupping her face in his hands and gently wiping away her tears. "Whether we're blessed with another baby or not, it doesn't change how much I love you. Even though you've left an ocean of tissues on the floor"

"I just get scared," Mirana mutters. "That one day, you'll see me how I see myself"

"And how do you see yourself?" Tim asks quietly, stroking her hair.

"I don't want to talk about it," Mirana murmurs. "I just want you to hold me while I cry and potentially snot on your t-shirt"

"I'd prefer you didn't do the latter," Tim murmurs into Mirana's hair. "But I don't like this shirt that much so I suppose it's okay"

Tim's attempt at humor draws a faint chuckle from Mirana, despite her tears. She wraps her arms around him tightly, seeking solace in his embrace.

"Thank you," she whispers, her voice barely audible.

"You don't have to thank me," Tim murmurs, holding her close. "I'll always be here for you, no matter what. You mean everything to me, Mirana."