2nd year: September 1992 - August 1993

“Kid time to wake up” 

Luna was woken up on the 1st of September to Jada shaking her awake. “Wake up. We are running late” Luna growled but got up “fine whatever I'm up”.  Jada smiled at her “cheer up kid you get to be free for another year. Shock it in while you can” Jada said before walking out of the hut. Luna gets up and quickly gets dressed into her pack fur and rags before leaving the hut. 

Luna met Jada at the end of the pack ground. Jada was also wearing the pack fur and rags but she made the shirt into a crop top. She was also wearing doc martins. “Ready to go kid?” luna rolled her eyes at her aunt but nodded and grabbed her hand. She quickly apparated them to the platform. However the platform was practically empty because they were running so late. Luna didn't even say goodbye before running onto the train. Though this meant she bumped into the one and only Draco Malfoy.

“Watch where your going mudblood!” The blond yelled only for luna to laugh, her menacing laugh. “I'm not a mudblood you fool. Maybe all that inbreeding got to your head”

“Why you..” 

“Why me what? Want a fight? I'm up to a fight. “ 

“I wouldn't scoop so low to fight an hideous thing like you” 

If it wasn't for Cedric walking by and grabbing Luna, Luna would have pounced on Draco and put him in the hospital wing. “Aww does itsy bitsty luna need her boyfriend to save her” Draco taunted only for him to jump backwards when Luna growled and snapped her sharp teeth at him. “He isn't my boyfriend, inbred”.

Cedric took Luna to a private cambin for the two of them and tried to calm down the wound up Luna. “I know this is a act but you can't let him get to you Luna” Luna nods, looking down “I know Cedric. But I don't like him”. The rest of the ride to Hogwarts, Luna and Cedric talked about random things, quidditch being one of them.

When the train arrived at Hogsmeade, all the students piled off the train. The 1st years were sent onto the boats whereas everyone else was led over to the carriages. The blacl carriages were being pulled by black horses with a skeletal bodies, reptilian faces, and wide, leathery wings that resembled a bat's. Luna had never seen them before but she guessed that Cedric had become he was acting like he didn't care. “Cedric, what are those pulling the carriages?”. Cedric pulls a face of confusion “nothing physical is pulling the carriages Luna. The carriages are moved by magic”. That answer just left Luna with a whole new set of questions but she wasn't going to ask them. 

The carriages soon arrived at Hogwarts so all the students climbed off them and piled into the great hall, to await the sorting. Cedric and Luna sat next to each other at the end of the table closest to the doors. The hall didn't have to wait long before Mcgonagall brought in a bunch of new 1st years in. She has them stand in front of the stool before she puts the sorting hat on the stool. Luna sighs and covers her ears, to dampen some of the sound as the hat starts to sing. She already hated this hat and this song. 

'Oh you may not think I'm pretty,

But don't judge on what you see,

I'll eat myself if you can find

A smarter hat than me. 

You can keep your bowlers black,

Your top hats sleek and tall,

For I'm the Hogwarts Sorting Hat

And I can cap them all.