The Truth

It's hot and I'm sweating. I'm not sure I want to go through with this. I'm worried. What will happen? Will things between everyone change?

I follow the doctor into a back room. She closes the door and I sit by myself staring at the floor. Jack was told to stay in the waiting room. And I'm kind of glad he had to. I'm not so siked to figure out who the dad is. I just want this to be over with. I'm scared, scared in going to loose Shawn. He's so sweet and caring, and he loves me. But Jack, he makes me feel indescribable and I love the feeling he gives me when he's around. I've finally made up with Jack, and I can't loose him again. But I don't want to loose Shawn as my best friend.

"Um ms. Alvarez?" I snap out of my thoughts looking at the black hair woman. She gave me a questioning look before opening her mouth to speak again. "Okay so the sample you gave us today was not a match." She spoke her words sounding unbelievable but probable. "Mr.Gilinsky is it?" She questioned. I nodded my head with a simple mmm hmm. "He is not the father of your baby Ms. Alvarez. Now is there any other options you remember?"

"One." I speak. There was no further question of who the father was. It was Shawn. It was the person I love so death but always end up torn from. We're dysfunctional. But he's the father, and I'm with Jack. He's not going to take this well. Neither of them will. My heart is racing as I walk out of the room. I check out and as I get closer to the waiting room I feel suffocated. I want to cry, I don't know how I'm going to tell them.

I push open the wooden door walking over to a row of chairs only to see a worried Jack with his head in his hands. "Hi." I saying mentally slapping myself afterwards as he looks up at me. "Hey." He gives me a faint smile before it disappears and curiosity is written all over his face. "We leaving or what?" I ask ignoring the question everybody has been wanting answered. Who was the father of my unborn child.

As I sat in the front seat of Jacks car I wondered if this would be the last time I would sit at his side. Would he leave me? Would he hate me for having a child with one of his best friends? I would hate me that's for sure. "Babe." He calls snapping me out of my thoughts just as it had been before. "Yeah?" I asked. He gave me and uneasy look. He was uncomfortable, I could tell by the way his eyebrows furrowed thought bouncing through his head, it showed on him face. "Me or Shawn?"

He asked the question as if it were like I was choosing who had to live or die. I knew he was asking who the father was but I felt as if he was asking who I wanted to be with. "The father?" I ask for reassurance even though I didn't need it. "Yes Evelyn." He said impatient. I sighed uneasily. "Shawn" his named rolled of my tongue as if it were nothing. And in that moment it felt like time had stopped and silence fell among the two of us. "Do you want to be with him?" He asks quietly. I look over at him to see him nervously shaking his leg waiting for my answer.

"No." I answered "Jack i want to be with you, I want to make it work this time." I laid my hand on his shoulder. "You're the one I want." He smiles finally looking calm. "So what are we going to tell Shawn?" He asks another question. "I-I'm not sure yet." I answered as we pulled up to a not so excited Shawn sitting on my porch.

________________________________

Okay so because I love you guys so much I decided to do a short update. I hope you liked it. Tell me if you were happy with the answer you had all been waiting for. If not I'm sorry babes xxx