Goodbye or Hello?

The car stopped and Shawn looked up giving a faint smile in which I returned. Jack got out opening the door for me. I stepped out feeling his hand on my lower back guiding us towards the house.

"Hey." Shawn said looking from me to jack. "You wanna go inside?" I asked. He shook his head no before pausing. "Evelyn I was asked to do another tour." He said my heart feeling as if it had sunken into my chest. I know I want to be with Jack but I don't want to lose my best friend and i definitely don't want my baby to not have Shawn in his or her life.

"I know it's so sudden and we don't know who the father is yet but I can't turn this down, I can't let my fans down." He said sighing. I looked down letting out a sigh too. "I'm really sorry Evvy, I wish I could stay but I just can't, I've just started with my career, my dream. And it can't end now. "

"Shawn, you're the father." I said. "Wait, what?" He looked up confused. "We went and had Jack tested today, he's not the father." I said. Shawn opened his mouth to speak when his phone started to ring.

Hanging up after his one minute conversation he looked at me with pity. "Management wants me at the airport in 20 minutes, I'm sorry but I have to go." He says standing up facing me. He looked me in the eyes frowning before pulling me into a hug . " I'll miss you Ev." He said kissing my cheek before running off.

It's like I was saying goodbye to my best friend but hello to my future. Shawn didn't even acknowledge the fact that I told him he was the father. I'm not even sure he plans on being there for the baby. Maybe choosing Jack was the right decision. He missed me, he's been treating me right. He said he loves me. So why am I complaining about Shawn?

Maybe because Shawn has known me since I was a kid and I've only ever been used to being with him. Maybe because I've liked Shawn for forever. But some things just don't work out. I need to appreciate what I have and what I have is Jack. And I want to be with Jack.

I guess it is what it is. If everyone else is happy I'm happy.

________________________________
So I think I'm going to end the story here and just add an epilogue cause there isn't much more I would want to add in the story. Sorry for those of you who wanted me to continue it.