The anniversary

I wake up realizing it's mine and Jack's anniversary. I don't know if I should be happy or upset. We talked yesterday to go through today's details but we haven't been the same. He's not the same. I take a quick shower and brush my teeth. I straighten my hair and do my makeup. My phone went off telling me I had received a text. I picked it up unlocking it.

From Jack:

Hey come over when your ready.

I locked my phone going to my closet. Since we weren't going anywhere special until tonight I grabbed some b&w tribal print leggings and my Erica Soho NY sweater from Brandy Melville.

I threw on black converse, grabbed my phone and left. I walked outside running through the rain next door to Jack and Camilia's house. Surprisingly I wasn't wet when I had got to the doorstep. I knocked three times as always the took one step back. The door opened up to see Camilia. "oh it's you, thought it was Tiffany again." she said walking away, leaving the door open for me to come in. "what do you mean?" I asked following her. She ignored me still walking towards her room. "Can you not?" She said as she opened her door. "what the fuck did you mean then?" I asked getting angry. She ignored me this time just chuckling as I stood like an idiot. "Hey who was at the door?" Jack walking in. His eyes fought me the he stopped. "oh, hey." He said faking a smile. "Hey Jack." I smiled. Camilia laughed even harder I don't know why, but it's getting annoying. I turn around going back into the living room. Jack followed knowing I was annoyed by the way I stormed out. "What's wrong?" He asked setting his hand on  my shoulder. My heart beats faster not having felt his touch in so long. I close my eyes trying to calm down. "Why does she hate me so much?" I barely get out, my eyes still closed a tear slips down my cheek. I miss the days when we were all just friends, I miss her. "I'm sorry." He said wrapping his arms around me. I laid my head in his chest and held in my tears. "You better?" He said after a while. I sighed shaking my head. Jack frowned with sympathy the leaned in kissing me softly on the cheek. The Cheek Seriously. "why?" I asked, he looks at me confused. "You being so distant and I can't just sit here acting like we're still perfectly fine." I say. He looks down and I turn around and sit down on the couch. We sit silently for a few minutes until his phone goes off. " His phone goes off and he answers it "hey." He says. He's silent while the other person talks for a while. "Mhmm, I guess I could." He says then hanging up.

"I'm sorry, I have to go." Jack says not looking at me. I stood astonished. "Seriously? On our anniversary?" I said getting mad. " I'm really sorry Evelyn." He said pulling me in for a hug. I pushed away walking towards the door. "Screw you Jack." I said walking out. All I wanted in that moment was my best friend, so that's where I was going. "Wait!" Jack yelled out. I stood at the end of his driveway looking back at him. "I'm done Jack, I can't do this! " I yelled  turning around walking into the street then suddenly seeing a flash of light before everything went black.

-Jack POV-

"Wait!" I yelled out after Evelyn. I felt bad for leaving her but we haven't been the same, plus she's always with Shawn. That's one of the reasons I don't feel bad for 'spending time' with Tiffany.

Now don't get me wrong I still love Evelyn, but we're just not sparking anymore. She doesn't have the effect on me that she used to and it bothers me.

She stops at the end of my driveway turning to face me. The rain poured over her as she called out "I'm done Jack, I can't do this!" She cried turning around walking into the street. And that was what I thought was going to be my last time talking to her.

She was hit back a drunk driver who didn't even care enough to stop and check if she was alright. I ran into the street lifting her in my arms. She was cold, freezing almost. Her eyes closed, she looked dead almost. I rushed her into the house then calling the ambulance. "Cami!" I yelled for my sister as tears ran down my face. She came into the living room and her mouth dropped as she started to cry to.

The ambulance arrived a few minutes later and took her, not letting us come along. "I'm gonna text the guys." I say texting them to meet us at the hospital.

When I get to the hospital they won't let us see her. Shawn, Cami, Matt, Dominique, and I all waited hoping  she would be alright.