too late

I woke up to the bright sun shining through my curtains and a knock at my door. "Come in." I said watching the door. In came a smiling Shawn. "goodmorning my very bestest friend, get up were gonna go get muffins for breakfast like we used to do." He said grabbing my arms to pull me out of bed. "But it's soo early, it's summer your supposed to sleep in." I said sighing as I got up. I walked into the bathroom and was awoken by a cold shower. After I finished getting ready I walked downstairs to see Shawn playing with my new dog D-O-G which is pronounced (Deogi). "Ready." I said.

-Shawn POV-

I played with Evelyns dog while I waited for her. I really missed her throughout the year, and even though I didn't talk to her much I was thinking about her 24/7. The way she played with her hair when she was nervous, the way she giggles when you tickle her, how she smiles and looks down when somebody calls her beautiful or compliments her. She was perfect. I was almost sure she was going to be mine, but now that I've come back she's moved on. I'm too late. I missed my chance.

"Ready?" Evelyn said. I turned around to see her wet hair in a messy bun. She had on black high-waisted shorts and a white tank top with a flannel around her waist. "Yeah." I simply said. She grabbed her white converse and threw them on before we rushed out  the door. We went to a small family owned restaurant that have the best muffins. "So how's it been here since I left?" I asked. "Umm complicated, me and Camilia haven't really talked since and um you now know about me and Jack so yeah." She said awkwardly, shifting in her seat as she became uncomfortable with the subject. We ordered and then sat in silence. "so you and Jack Are dating?" I said putting emphasis on are. "Yes." She said trying not to look at me.  "So how long has it been going on now?" I asked curiously. "Umm honestly? Since a couple months after you left." She said, Her eyes connecting with mine. "So you weren't even going to tell me? You were just going to sit there having me still believing that I had you? I loved you." I said getting mad and frustrated. "You weren't even here for a whole year, how are you going to be mad at me? You could have texted me, called me, factime exists you know? You didn't even bother to try and talk to me." She said standing up and storming out of the small restaurant.

-Evelyn POV-

I got home to find Dominique sitting on my bed. "Hey where have you been, we were supposed to go see a movie with Jack and Matt?" She said standing up. "Sorry I was with Shawn." I said sighing. I studied my face. "Have you been crying?" She asks. I sit down starting to cry again. I couldn't help it, my best friend was in love with me and I left him. Even though he did ignore me basically, I still felt bad.