A Name Fit For A Dragon And A Sword Fit For A Rider

Arya thought for what must've been an hour. She didn't know if the emerald dragon was a girl or a boy. Finally she decided to reach out to the dragon's conscience and ask it. She reached out with her mental probe and touched the dragon's mind. She could feel a male presence along with feelings of confusion from the hatchling's brain. She thought of all the names she thought he'd like. From her mind, she listed off the names Glaedr, Eridor, Beroan, Briam, Ënurfala, Agaravel, Fundor, Galzra, Lenora, Miremel, and Belgabad, but to all of them, he sent her feelings of disagreement, so she thought of one last name and when she said it, an immediate joy came from him. Her dragon's name was now Fírnen and she was proud that his name suited him well. Arya sung a sapling into a nest for the hatchling and a label on the nest read FÍRNEN. She never would have thought that this day would be in all her whole century of life. For now she was a Dragon Rider and always would be. She wondered how to tell Eragon the amazing news while she held the hatchling in her arms and finally fell asleep.

When she woke, she realized that she was in need of a Rider's sword. Then she remembered that Lord Däthedr was in possession of Támerlein and Rhunön was the crafter of all the Rider's swords. Támerlein was as green as Fírnen. All the Rider's swords were the color of their dragon, so if Rhunön adjusted Támerlein to fit her fighting style, she would have a perfect sword. She went to find Däthedr. With reluctance he parted with the sword, but only after assuring that Támerlein would be safe in her hands. She went to find Rhunön next. She mumbled and grumbled the time, saying that Támerlein was fine the way it was, but adjusted the sword so it felt perfectly in her hands, as it should.