Dröttning

The group she had seen coming toward her a minute ago was now upon her, comprised of Lord Däthedr and a couple of elders of the elves. They greeted her in the traditional manner of the elves and she replied with the traditional second greeting, honored they had spoken first. Currently they were trying to talk her into becoming the queen of the elves, but she refused for she had duties to Fírnen and raising him was not an easy task. She refused their offer politely and they walked away. The next morning she had just finished feeding Fírnen when Däthedr and the same band of elders she'd seen the day beforehand strolled up. Once again they had come to persuade her to take the position of queen, and once again she refused the position, for she was busy with her dragon and other affairs. They thought it was only right for her, considering that she had had the title dröttningu, a rough translation of princess in the ancient language and her mother had been the dröttning, or the queen. Besides, she was already a Rider and didn't need any more power or responsibility than she already possessed. She thought on who would be best in command and on the throne, but none seemed to fit right, including herself. She bade them farewell and continued to take care of Fírnen. As the hours passed she began to think about Eragon and what he was doing at the moment. She realized they hadn't met since Nasuada's coronation and the celebrations that followed. She had talked to him through their mirrors, but even then, that wasn't enough, and she began to miss her companions all the way back in Ilirea. Lord Däthedr and his companions came to her for the rest of the week and it had gotten annoying. So, she finally accepted the position of queen and swore to serve and protect her race and people.