Chapter 8 - Just say and I won't leave

Star's POV

He's insane.

He's really, really insane.

He's rude.

He's nothing but a braggy vain guy for me, now.

"Why are you doing this, Dwaine? I thought we're okay.." I said giving him confused looks.

Yeah, that's what I really thought because as far I remembered, it was only yesterday when he made me feel we're okay... that we're finally friends.

But then, that's what I thought.

"Yeah, of course we're okay. In fact, we're cool. You're cool that's why I'm asking you to be my date on the welcome ball." he shrugged then.

"WOW! We're cool?? As in seriously? You think this is cool? No, Dwaine. What you're doing to me isn't cool. This is definitely not cool. This is ridiculous, Dwaine. You're ridiculous." I said, rolling my eyes off him.

It's disgusting. He's so disgusting!

"Oh, c'mon Star. Why don't you just deal with me? It's just like you're giving a favor to both of us. In this deal, you'll be much benefited than me." he said.

I just raised an eye brow. Anong sinasabi nito?

"Okay, look. In my side, all I want is to have a date on that ball and also, be-friended with you. In your inside, it's like you've won a jackpot. You will be dating a very good-looking guy on that night, envied by many girls around you.. and your glasses? That's actually a bonus only." he grinned.

Oh holly-molly! A very conceited man here! Too vain eh? And.. And.. And.. What did he just say? Was he out of his mind? Envied by many girls? Ugh! God knows what it really feels like when being envied by many girls around you. It's the last feeling I would ever wanted to feel for the rest of my life!

With him, by myside is a like a torture to myself. And I'm not a masochist. So, it would be better for me if I will stay away from him.

I looked to him, intently.

"You don't know what you're saying, Dwaine. In the eyes of many girls around us, I'm a bitch nerd. They even think that I'm a slut. So please, just give me my glasses and stop messing up with me." I said then stood up and lend my hand, motioning him to hand me my glasses.

"I know what I'm saying, Star. I know too, that you're not a slut. You're neither a bitch nor a nerd. You're beautiful, you're kind and you're a very lovely girl to me. That's why I chose you to be my date over other girls." he said, looking at me, much intently.

Deep inside, I smiled. What he said made my heart to flutter and the butterflies in my stomach to fly.

But it's not that it would changed the fact that I'm still a bitch nerd for the other girls. And a slut who knows only to flirt with a guy whom she just know at the early days of school.

And so I slowly shook my head.

"It's not that easy on the way how you look at it, Mr. Park. It's never easy to made an escape to a certain problem, you know that would hunt you even in your dreams." I said, giving him a hint of my agony.

"You know what, Star. You just have to learn to be insensitive sometimes. It's not that bad to don't give a care sometimes when you know yourself don't deserve such treatment like what you're experiencing now." he said, keeping his hands in his pockets.

I kept in silence. Insensitive? I know myself too much. I'm insensitive. I became insensitive since I had realized that I belong to the geeks world.