01: Not As It Seems.

"When will you be done?" Sooyoung sat on Jeno's lap, getting in his way to see the TV screen as her arms wrapped around his neck

Teasing noises roamed around the room as Jaemin wiggled his brows at Jeno, nudging Renjun who shook his head at the boy's excitement.

"Just a few more minutes and I'm all yours."

Jisung tried to hold back his reaction as he felt somewhat embarrassed by the couple showcasing their love in front of others with no shame — as per usual, yet he still wasn't quite used to it.

"Sooyoung, girl, we love you but can you let your boyfriend focus? We're almost done with the mission."

"Dude, let them be, it's just a game." Mark blurted out, making everyone chuckle except for Chenle whose mind was completely focused on the game they all played as a team.

"I bet you wish it was you and your girlfriend." Chenle clicked his tongue, earning a pillow throw from Mark who actually did miss his other half.

"Guys!" Donghyuck yelled out, annoyed at his friends who could never commit to a single task at once. "Can we just finish the game?"

"Damn, why so cranky today?"

"Alright, alright, everyone calm down." Jeno quickly glanced back at the guys, his gaze eventually falling to Donghyuck. An annoyed grimace accompanied him while his eyes were glued to the TV.

Not for long, however.

Donghyuck turned to Jeno as soon as he realized he wasn't looking his way anymore. Seeing Sooyoung still on his lap, her arms wrapped around his neck as she watched the guys play, smiling from ear to ear and cheering for their win made Donghyuck jealous. Not because he liked his best friend's girlfriend but because he wanted that kind of feeling too.

"Fuck! Donghyuck!" Chenle yelled out, making the boy flinch. "You tell everyone to focus yet you're the one to cause us a loss!"

"Shit, sorry." he gulped again, watching as Chenle frowned and Jaemin was his shoulder to cry on.

"Come on, man, don't be a baby. It's just a game." Mark rolled his eyes, leaning back on his chair to stretch his body.

"Well, maybe next time we can finally kick their asses. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have boyfriend responsibilities."

Sooyoung rolled her eyes while the guys teased the couple as per usual. Before they could disappear into Jeno's room, Donghyuck followed them both with his gaze, feeling the jealousy grow. His expression would've gone unnoticed if Mark wasn't in the room but that guy had his eyes everywhere at once.

Almost as if feeling his gaze, Donghyuck's flickered to Mark who was smirking. He cleared his throat, suddenly getting up from his seat and announcing to everyone that he was going home. No one protested much since they all had classes the next day — thankfully, it was the last day of the semester and summer break was just around the corner.