11: The Warmth I Need.

Donghyuck couldn't hear anything that was happening around him, even the presence of his aunt sitting next to him was almost unnoticeable

Donghyuck couldn't hear anything that was happening around him, even the presence of his aunt sitting next to him was almost unnoticeable. The noise of doctors, nurses, patients and visitors was muffled by his thoughts and his eyes were glued to the floor while he sat there without moving a muscle. Suddenly, he felt a nudge and glanced at his aunt that pointed to two boys running towards them.

"We came as soon as we could." Mark breathed heavily, immediately patting Donghyuck's shoulder. "Are you ok?"

The boy only nodded with a blank face, unable to show any emotion whatsoever.

"How is she?" Jeno asked softly, his and Mark's gazes focused on their friend who even if wanted to answer them, no words came out of his mouth.

"She's stable right now," his aunt cut in "we haven't seen her yet, though. We're waiting for the doctor."

They nodded in unison, both sitting down on the free spots next to Donghyuck who told them immediately they didn't have to stay but of course they refused.

"We'll wait at least until you go see her, alright?" Mark squeezed his hand, getting a grateful nod in return.

They all sat there for a little longer, the clock already hitting 1am when the doctor had finally came to let the family members know they were able to visit the patient. Mark and Jeno both hugged Donghyuck, telling him they were just a call away if he needed them before they went back home.

Donghyuck's breathing fastened as soon as he entered the room where his mom laid, conscious but weak. And when she slowly turned her head towards the entrance and smiled softly at her son, Donghyuck found it almost unbearable to keep his tears from falling. However he swallowed the gulp in his throat, forcing himself to keep it all together as his aunt grabbed his hand and they both walked over to the lying woman.

Donghyuck's aunt was the first to say anything to her sister, being considered and as nice as possible despite the circumstances being ones to only make her mad.

"My little Donghyuck, you've grown up so much since I last saw you." she finally blurted, her weak hand reaching for his.

The boy gulped again, looking away for a second in order to not burst out crying once he felt his mom's weak grab. His aunt stepped aside, giving the two a bit more space.

"Why are you doing this to yourself, mom?"

The woman sighed, obviously not wanting to talk about it even though the reason they were all reuniting like that was exactly the same as always.

"You almost overdosed again. How many times more does it have to take for you to understand you need help?" Donghyuck's eyes filled with tears again, the gulp in his throat growing.

His mom let go of his hand at once, sighing as she looked away from the boy.

"There's no way to help me anymore, son."