13: Just Say It.

Donghyuck rubbed his tired eyes, the gloomy weather seen through the window made him sigh

Donghyuck rubbed his tired eyes, the gloomy weather seen through the window made him sigh. It's been weeks since he felt this bad and leaving his room was the last thing he wanted to do. However there was something he needed to get done that day.

Without caring much for his looks; also for the first time in a long time; he pulled an oversized hoodie over his head and made his way out. As much as he didn't feel like working he'd much rather be stuck at the convenience store instead of doing what he was about to.

Sighing, he knocked on the door, his sweaty hands now in the pockets of his ripped jeans.

"Donghyuck? What are you doing here?" Sulhee's eyes widened.

"Hey, can we talk?"

The girl looked back, seeing her parents inside the apartment she decided it'd be best to talk outside. She closed the door behind her, fear suddenly taking over her body almost as if she knew what Donghyuck wanted to say.

"I'm sorry for yesterday. I didn't mean to be harsh, I'm just going through something right now."

"It's ok. I'm sorry too, I crossed a boundary."

Donghyuck sighed for the nth time, his gaze not leaving the girl's. Seeing her gulp made him do the same. He really didn't want to be doing this.

"Look, um," he cleared his throat trying to find words "I don't really know how to say this but I think we should end it here."

Sulhee's eyes filled with water almost immediately as she stood there quietly. Donghyuck gulped again, the silence from the girl suddenly making him feel even more guilty.

"You're an amazing girl, Sulhee, but I don't think that we're a good match. I'm sorry." seeing tears suddenly roll down her face made Donghyuck feel like the worst person ever. He lifted his hands up wanting to wipe the tears away but he remembered he was no longer in position to do that. "Sulhee, please don't cry." he added.

She didn't say a word, endlessly wiping her cheeks until eventually she turned around and went inside the apartment. Donghyuck stood there dumbfounded when she said nothing in return. She didn't even curse at him for hurting her and that made him feel much worse for some reason. It was the first time that he was the one to end a relationship, all those times before it was girls who broke up with him. And quite honestly he now knew that he preferred it that way.

Donghyuck missed the happiness he felt for the first few weeks of summer break. He hated how things just had to go to shit and how he was back to feeling broken.

He sat down on a swing, looking around the empty playground that was definitely filled with happy kids during the day. He glanced up at the dark sky that showed no stars, his fingers reaching for a cigarette. It's been months since he quit but smoking one seemed like a short term solution at that very moment. As soon as he lit it up and took the first drag he suddenly burst into tears. He leaned over his knees, hiding his head in his arms as the cigarette burned by itself.