02: A New Version.

Donghyuck's eyes were heavy as he woke up from an amazing (high) sleep

Donghyuck's eyes were heavy as he woke up from an amazing (high) sleep. The fact that the semester was practically over yet they still had to attend classes that day made zero sense to the boy but he quickly remembered what he promised himself last night — he needed to change his attitude.

Forcefully he got up, taking a quick shower since he had no strength in his body to do it last night. He stood in front of a mirror in his room with just his sweatpants on, drying his wet and long dark hair with a towel.

"Honey," he heard a sweet voice come from behind the door as his aunt knocked, already peeking her head in through the crack.

"Yeah?"

"Do you need anything for the last day of uni?"

"No, I'm good but thank you." Donghyuck sent her a smile, proceeding to pick out his outfit.

"Alright. I'm going to work, I'll see you later. Enjoy the last day of classes."

"Thanks, aunt Yoonhee. Have a good day."

Hesitantly, the woman left the room, leaving the crack open as it previously was. She grabbed a purse and left to fulfill her responsibilities, still having her little Donghyuck in the back of her head. She loved him as his own and would give him the world, something his own mother; and Yoonhee's sister; couldn't do.

Normally Donghyuck would've left the house in sweatpants and a big hoodie, his hair undone, but today he decided to take a different approach. He actually tried for once.

Mark's eyes widened and Jaemin's mouth fell agape when Donghyuck dressed in jeans and a black t-shirt walked over to them. His Nike shoes were clean as new and a hand watch decorated his wrist.

"What's up?" he said to his friends, running fingers through his styled hair, almost as if nothing out of ordinary was happening.

"Dude, what the—" Mark stepped back a little, pointing to him meanwhile Jaemin wrapped his arm around Donghyuck's neck, wiggling his brows.

"You're looking good, man! What happened?"

Sighing, Donghyuck shrugged saying he needed some change. The three proceeded to get to class, gathering Jeno, Chenle, Renjun and Jisung one by one — all of them reacted the same way to the amazing makeover.

The dark glasses on Donghyuck's nose hid his slightly bloodshot eyes but he knew he had to take them off at some point. Knowing Mark, Donghyuck knew he'd definitely notice it and immediately know the reason which would lead to another life lesson from his lovely Canadian friend.

And just when he thought that, he felt a nudge from Mark.

"Dude, you promised—"