18: More Important Than You Think.

Jiae was furious as she walked back to her house

Jiae was furious as she walked back to her house. She was fuming in anger at her brother who once again decided for stick his nose into her business to the point he ruined something really important to her.

"Doyoung!" she yelled as soon as she walked into the house, slamming the door behind her.

"Woah, what's going—"

"Where's my brother?!" Jiae screamed at Jaehyun whose brows furrowed right away, asking what happened. "I'll tell you what happened— you!" she turned upon seeing Doyoung with the corner of her eye.

Doyoung seemed rather unbothered, almost as if he knew Jiae was going to come at him. He knew Donghyuck would never keep his mouth shut about what happened.

"Why the fuck do you keep getting in my business?!" Jiae walked over to her brother, the distance between them almost nonexistent as she stared him coldly in the eyes. "I asked you a question!" she pushed him, surprising both him and Jaehyun who stepped in.

"Woah, Jiae, relax."

"Don't get involved in this, Jae! He took it too far this time." she clenched her jaw.

"I did what I had to do."

"Yeah?" the pink haired girl scoffed. "Is destroying all my friendships and relationships something you really have to do?"

"He's not in our league, how many times do I have to tell you this?!"

"Our league?! You've seriously lost your damn mind." Jiae paced back and forth with hands in her hair.

"Why are you acting like you really care for that loser?"

Jiae didn't say anything however her facial expression did it for her. The tears that suddenly formed in her eyes made Doyoung's widen.

"Hold on, don't tell me— you really actually like him?"

Jaehyun gulped as his eyes stayed glued on Jiae.

"What do you fucking think, Doyoung?" she mumbled, holding herself back from crying and screaming out of anger and disappointment. "Thanks for ruining this for me, bro."

Doyoung was found speechless as he watched his little sister go upstairs. For once he really didn't know what to do. The sudden feeling of regret and empathy was one he hadn't felt for a very long time.

"Dude, what the hell did you do?" Jaehyun asked his best friend but before Doyoung could even answer, he rushed after Jiae, leaving her brother behind.

Hearing Jiae's sobs broke Jaehyun's heart. He knocked on the door of her room and heard her yell to leave her alone, that was until he said it was him and not Doyoung. As soon as she opened the door she stood there crying, letting Jaehyun embrace her.

"Ji, don't cry." he said softly, his fingers brushing her pink hair.

After calming down a little Jiae told Jaehyun everything. He didn't really know what to say at that point, how to defend his best friend because he knew he was in the wrong. All Jaehyun could do right now was to make Jiae feel better and that's exactly what he tried to do.