16: Need To Say Something.

Jiae growled hearing someone knock on the door of her room, thinking it was her brother whom she really didn't want to see nor talk to

Jiae growled hearing someone knock on the door of her room, thinking it was her brother whom she really didn't want to see nor talk to. But when she heard Jaehyun's voice she didn't hesitate to let him in.

"How are you feeling?" he asked with a soft tone of his voice.

"I'm ok, I guess." she lied on the bed, turning to Jaehyun upon feeling him sit down.

"I made you coffee."

Jiae sit up right away, her hands warming up thanks to the drink inside of it. She gave Jaehyun a thankful smile which he reciprocated right away.

"Why didn't you tell me it was Donghyuck?"

The mention of his name alone made Jiae pause her movements with a mouthful of coffee. She shrugged, not really knowing what to say and Jaehyun sighed.

"You know we could've avoided such an outcome if you had told me, right?"

"Jae, even you aren't able to control my brother's crazy behavior."

"I can't control it but I can minimize it for sure. We've been friends for ages, he listens to me sometimes."

"Sometimes." they both chuckled, Jiae rolling her eyes.

Jaehyun suddenly reached for the girl's hand and gently squeezed it in his. He didn't have to say anything for Jiae to know exactly what he meant. He was always there for her, he was like another brother; most of the time more so than Doyoung; and she knew she could always count on him. He proved so once again.

The boy got off the bed and was ready to leave the room when Jiae's voice stopped him.

"Can I ask you something?" she stared until he nodded. "Why does my brother hate Donghyuck so much? Why is Donghyuck so beware of him? Did something happen between them?"

Jaehyun sighed leaning against the door frame. He thought for awhile if to tell her what he knew and eventually he came back into the room, closing the door behind him this time.

"Nothing really happened between them as far as I know. Doyoung has just always been weird with Donghyuck. He kind of liked him one second and the next he'd slap him in the face just like he did when he just glanced at you back in the day. I guess he just really doesn't want you hanging out with someone who has such history with drug addiction."

"How can he think that way when he fucking sells weed?"

"Like he says "selling and doing it isn't the same" but I totally get your point. I get his point too. Maybe he just worries about you in a strange way, I don't know."

"I think it's bullshit. I think he's just like my father and hates people from lower class. He hates people that "aren't on our level" whatever the fuck that means."

Jaehyun patted her head in a loving manner and gave her a half smile.

"The truth is that he did change ever since your father started being more harsh on him so maybe you're right. But I know as much as you do too that the Doyoung we both knew before is still somewhere in there. I hope we can find him."