10: Didn't Know I'd Catch You Here.

Donghyuck was completely zoned out, blinking away the rushing thoughts when Renjun nudged his arm

"Why are you zoning out again? Are you feeling good recently?"

For the past few days Donghyuck couldn't quite focus well on the conversations or activities his friends would start because his mind was completely elsewhere. And the reason for that was sitting in a further distance, laughing along with Sooyoung as the two girls grew to become best friends.

It's been a week since Donghyuck and Jiae lost their virginities together and just as long since they decided to keep it a secret. The boy was meant to move on and polish his new relationship with Sulhee which was another matter keeping his mind occupied. Within the week he managed to learn he shared no feelings for the girl he used to crush on for so long. And the biggest reason why he couldn't focus completely was because he tried to figure out if breaking things off was a good idea or if giving their relationship a bit more time was a better one.

"Can we get ice cream?" Sooyoung sat on Jeno's lap, the two being inseparable once more.

Donghyuck felt a gentle nudge as Jiae dropped onto the bench next to him, giving him a soft smile once their eyes met. And when her fingers suddenly traced along his arm in order to take a piece of small leaf off him that came out of nowhere, his insides began to tingle. The gesture was so natural and simple that it made Donghyuck feel some type of way.

Everyone focused on whatever Jaemin was saying, laughs emerging left and right as he always managed to make everyone chuckle. Donghyuck quickly glanced at Jiae, probably to shake their heads in unity at Jaemin's silliness, when he noticed the pink haired girl's face go pale.

"Ji? Are you ok?" he gently placed his hand behind her back, eyes glued to her weak face.

"What's wrong?" Sooyoung asked too, everyone's eyes now turned to the girl who's were glued to someone in the distance.

Donghyuck followed her gaze that seemed to be stuck on a tall guy with brown hair walking over to a group of people with the biggest smile on his face. They greeted each other fondly as if they haven't seen each other in years and then he turned around, simply looking around.

Jiae gulped, her mouth suddenly getting dry as she feared he would've seen her, and of course he did. The guy's smile faltered a little as he obviously contemplated on his next move.

No, no, don't come over. Don't come over.

He suddenly started walking their way, two guys on each side of him.

"I— I think I gotta go." Jiae suddenly stood up, Donghyuck and the rest staring intensely at her.

"Ji, who is that?"

"Jiae? Kim Jiae?" he yelled even before they got to their bench. "It's you, isn't it?" he added, his eyes finally meeting hers from close distance. "It's been so long. I didn't know you were coming back to Korea."

"I didn't know you were either." Jiae forced a smile, still shaken up by the sight of him.

The guy turned to the rest, his warm smile greeting them all, his soft and glistening eyes not showing any sign of wrong intentions which confused them even more — why was Jiae acting so strange?

"Hi, I'm Sungchan." he extended his hand to all of them, being polite as per usual. "And these are my friends Wonbin and Shotaro."

Donghyuck observed the newly met guy and Jiae closely as she finally sat back down next to him, apparently not wanting to leave anymore.

"I almost didn't recognize you with the pink hair. It looks good." he added, Jiae only giving him a half smile which made the atmosphere a bit awkward. He sucked in a breath, scratching the back of his neck. "Well, it was nice meeting you all. Hope to see you again, maybe. And it was good seeing you, Jiae."

The girl nodded with an awkward expression, watching him walk away with the other two guys she hadn't met before. Finally, she let out a deeper breath, plastering on a smile as if nothing just happened. Everyone decided to let the subject go for now as it clearly seemed like an uncomfortable subject for Jiae, but when they were all walking each other to their homes, her and Donghyuck walked side by side at the back.

"So," he started, Jiae already sighing because she knew where this was going "are you going to keep who this guy is a secret too?"

She nudged him, shaking her head.

"There's no horrible story there if that's what you were hoping for." she teased. "I met him in the States one summer. I guess you could say he was, um...we were kind of a thing."

"Oh," Donghyuck nodded, his body starting to heat up "like a summer fling?"

"Something like that."

"But it wasn't just a fling for you, was it?" he blurted, reading her like a book as per usual. Jiae only shot him a glance that gave him an answer, a one he actually didn't want to hear.

"Can you guys hurry? I'm tired, I want to get home already." Jisung whined, interrupting the two's conversation that both actually wanted to end anyways.

And with that crazy turn of events Donghyuck's mind played even bigger tricks on him. He stood by the window, smoking the last joint he had, suddenly grunting at the fact he would need to buy more weed which meant seeing Doyoung again — it really wasn't his favorite. But his mind quickly went back to Jiae, that Sungchan guy probably bringing back her feelings for him and Sulhee whom Donghyuck definitely didn't share his feelings for. And if that wasn't enough, his aunt suddenly barging into his room made it even worse.

"Honey," she breathed heavily as Donghyuck quickly hid the joint "it's your mom, she did it again."

a rly short update with important information for the next chapters 💗