Part 1

She burned to know who she was. She always felt this ache deep inside that this was not meant be. There was a missing part and she needed to know what it was that will patch it up.

The alarm rang.It was 6am. Lyra groaned, another day of torture. She pulled of the blankets and headed to the common washroom. The air was humid and hot, and the mirrors were fogged. she stepped in the hot waters on the cold tiles trying to find an empty.

" Who cares about her anyway"
"she needs to eat less"

She looked down at her thighs that were painted on carefully with knives. They would never know. As usual when she exited the shower stall giggles followed her as usual.

as she stood in front of the mirror and abused herself further a little devious thought played with her mind- will i be better off dead?.... She tried to push it back away but it haunted her, as every second passed by it took the life out her inch by inch. nobody would care anyway right?

she ran out of her room so she could be surrounded by people, because staying alone with her thoughts was life threatening. atleast if she was around people she would feel like she isnt the only one in this miserable world. she treaded carefully trying to stabilize herself. another second and her mind would have taken control. she always lost against the battle with her mind. her soul was cracked and shrivelled up. It needed somebody to nourish it and sadly she was incapable of doing it herself. her favourite class had begun- her physics teacher asked her to have a seat. as a person who was very close with her knew something was wrong right away when he saw the creases of pain across her face.

As she sat down a strong deep voice echoed in laughter.She looked up intrigued by the sound.