Part 4

the chair scraped the rough wood and someone stood up. he turned away

one step....
two steps...
three steps...
"wait" lyra mumbled..."actually,its nothing"
"what is it?" frost demanded

hell, she was startled. usually people just let her go, let her go easily...
"i said its nothing."
"if its nothing u wouldn't have put in any effort to call me"
"whatever"

well,it was her choice to behave irritatingly. she could have most certainly asked him if he wanted to hang out at the terrace with her. look at the skyline while the sun was setting, and let the air whip their faces. it could have been a moment they shared but she needed him to value those moments. not just him but anyone who she opened up the slightest bit to. why would he when she was nothing but a damn stranger to him. there was no point in showing bits and pieces of your soul when they aren't dying to put the puzzle together.
he had simply turned and walked away but a tiny irrational bit of her was hoping he would come back, ugh she was being desperate again. desperate for that tiny little something that she didn't know about. desperate for that feeling when you feel wanted. desperate for the all the things she never had. desperate to immerse herself in the vast expanse of the universe.

this ruined her life. having crazy high expectations from her life ruined her. every moment was an unecessary dissapointment that she created for herself. she was left behind, as usual. 

it was a long walk from school to home.a walk that needed a lot of mental energy to physically overcome. the breeze slowly brushed her dazzling brown hair away, it was tucked up in a braid with loose strands. her blue eyes shimmered in the sunshine. she was just a tragic beauty that no-one noticed. it would take a special pair of eyes to notice who she really was underneath all that.
cars passed by and the trees swished to the melody of the wind. but there she was beneath all of this thinking about who he could have been. what his soul could be. she highly disliked his guts but isnt that where it all starts?  they wouldnt get along well if he was anything liker her, it would be a misery. the opposite universes needed to collide,

she just would have to get to actually know him to discover his secrets and unwrap his soul.