Part 5

She finally stepped into the world of bliss.walls that were painted on like no other, silver paint teasing the black . It wad purely a work of art. She was sprawled across  her huge king size comfy bed that occuppied 1/4 of the room. Black oak bookshelves reigned the room and white curtains complemented the dominating  colour. Her resting place was the balcony that had a breathtaking view of the skyline. Her books were all over the place. Weren't they her only friends?

Far across the room the phone beeped.
"Hello?"
"I'll be . We're working on this new project and I will have to stay back to supervise and execute the plans"
"Sure, dad. Nothing new from you"
The line went dead. Not an apology even.
As usual she would be spending her time alone with herself. Where was her mum you might ask? Guarding lyra from the heavens. No, not dead but guarding lyra's soul in heaven. (A/n: You may be thinking I am crazy right now but as the story progresses you will understand)

Thoughts about her mum created a melancholy of emotions in her.
Lyra could never forget that night.
The thunder cracked across the skies. She was so restless and excited because of the storm and watched the rain splatter across the windows. A hand rested on the windows from outside touching the surface of the window exactly where lyra's hand was and when she tumbled backwards huge mesmerising white wings were flapping right in front of her very own hazel eyes, and the words I love you were painted on the windows. All happened within a flash of seconds and then became an unforgettable memory.  Sometimes she thought if she was hallucinating that night,but one thing she could never forget was the look of pain on her mum's  face as of something precious was being snatched away from her. Something she couldnt live without but was being forced to leave behind but lyra always wondered if her mum had a choice. If she really had to leave then she could have done it a better way.  This was the little lyra's vision that night she lost her mother. Frustration and depression have been soulmates. Dont they always come together? When you have no control over the situation and you're just unable to navigate through your problems, hope slowly drains out from your system and that is what almost always happened with her. She gave up hope that her mother will ever return one day to cup lyra's cheeks and say everything will be alright. Assure lyra that somebody in her life will anchor.