S E V E N

When Hayden fully woke up, she was confused at how wide her bed had gotten over night. She lifted her head to see the large, elegant, white bedroom she was locked in and the events of last night came painfully rushing back. Her eyes burned with tears, it hadn't been a dream. She was really trapped here, dealing with a debt that wasn't hers. She wasn't even able to talk to her brother about it or ask him why he was in a position like this. With a sigh, she gently rubbed her eyes and stretched her arms above her head. There was a clock on the night stand next to the bed that read 9:28 am, which surprised her. She hadn't expected to sleep so well in this foreign place. She sat up, her eyes adjusting to the bright light that was pooling in through the large windows. It was a rather beautiful room but she'd rather have her smaller, more colorful room at home. She yawned, pushed herself out of bed and went over to the bathroom inside her room.

The tiles were cold to the touch but she didn't notice. The bathroom was as large and elegant as the bedroom. The counter top stretched the entire length as well as the mirror above it. It had two sinks, a toilet, a cabinet which most likely held towels, a bath tub, and a huge glass shower. Her jaw dropped, it was as if she was on vacation in another country at some extremely expensive hotel. As she searched every inch of the room, she found that it was already stocked with the basics. A tooth brush and tooth paste, which she used right away. The shower had brand new razors and salon style shampoo and conditioner. Her attention was drawn away from the bathroom when she heard a knock on the door then open a second later. She felt her heart skip a beat at the thought of Blaine coming into the room again. To her relief, it was the blonde-haired man and a woman with chin-length wavy black hair.

"Good morning." The man spoke in a monotone voice, his face remaining void of emotion. "Hayden, this is Charlotte. She's here to take your measurements. She will be buying clothes for you."

Hayden's eyes switched to Charlotte. She wore a very tight strapless black dress with a slim silver belt around her midsection and sparkling stilettos. Her dress ended about half way to her knees, the neck line of it plunging deep and showing cleavage. Her lips were

painted a deep red color and formed a welcoming smile as her dark

chocolate eyes met Hayden's ocean blue ones.
"Come here, darling. Grayson has told me that all you have is a waitress uniform." She tsked as she stepped closer.

"Clothes? I don't have money to pay for clothes. Maybe Silas can bring me some from home?"

Hayden reached down to place her hands in the pockets of her uniform, her cheeks turning pink when she realized she was wearing Blaine's shirt. Not only that, but the shirt barely covered her and put her legs completely on display. She noticed Charlotte's reaction to the shirt, making her wonder who this person was to Blaine because she didn't seem very happy that another woman was wearing something of his. Grayson, on the other hand, looked as if he was clenching his teeth. She had no idea why he would be mad at her or what would have upset him.

"You won't be charged for anything. Blaine's orders." His words short and clipped. "Silas won't be allowed here for another month." Grayson was trying to keep himself calm; He was looking at a tiny, very attractive woman who barely wore anything and was talking about a man he despised.

Hayden's jaw dropped, he couldn't really have said she'd be here for an entire month. She stared down at her feet, her mouth drying out as her brain soaked in his words. She couldn't argue with either of them. She had tried that with Blaine and it didn't go over so well. And she did need clothes, it was bad enough she had to stay here but she didn't want to walk around in dirty clothes. Or worse, Blaine's clothes. She was brought out of her thought at the sound of Charlotte's heels tapping on the floor as she closed the gap between them. She looked up at the dark haired woman and licked her lips. She was about 8 inches taller than her, 3 inches being the heels she wore. She had to crane her neck back to make eye contact.

"This won't take long. I want to measure you to make sure everything I pick out is perfect. I don't like to do guess work when it comes to shopping and Blaine won't allow me to take you with me."
Hayden simply nodded her head and allowed the woman to measure whatever she needed to do. She had taken numbers for her height, waist, bust, arms, legs, and shoe size. After each number she took, she typed it into her phone to save for when she went shopping. It was odd being measured so closely and with the way the house was she didn't want to think about how much her new clothes were going to cost. When Charlotte was finished, she tucked her phone back into her purse and headed for the door.

"I'll have everything you need by the end of the day. Grayson, I'm going to go see Blaine. Be a dear and leave us alone for a while."

Hayden felt more awkward as Charlotte left the room. She wasn't sure why she was blushing but she knew why the woman wanted alone time with Blaine. It did make her happy in a weird way, Charlotte could please him and he would leave her alone. Hayden sat down on the edge of the bed, unsure of what to do next. She was going to be locked in this room every day for at least a month. She sighed softly, trying to avoid making eye contact with Grayson who stood silently in the middle of the floor.

"Is there anything I can get you? I can't let you leave this room but I can try to get you stuff you keep yourself busy."

She was surprised that he even cared. She thought she annoyed him given the way he was acting around her. She thought about what he had asked for a moment and the only thing she could come up with was having him get her reading materials.

"Maybe a few books?" She mumbled.

"What do you like to read?" He seemed intrigued by her answer.

"Anything that is horror or suspense."

"Anything else you can think of?"

Hayden thought about it, but couldn't come up with anything at the moment. She shyly peered up at him and shook her head. She had noticed a slight flicker of his eyes as she did. She wasn't sure what he had been looking at, but she had a feeling it was her. She blushed deeper, embarrassed that she was forced to sit there talking to people with a man's t-shirt on. Had she known they were going to come in she would have at least switched back into her work uniform.
"I'll be back when I can."

"Thank you."

He nodded his head, briskly turned away from her and left the room. The all too familiar sound of the lock hitting her ears.