E L E V E N

Hayden glanced at him from the corner of her eye as she quickly kicked off the flats. He smirked, he loved how she obeyed him. He didn't like that she had tried to argue with him but he would eventually break her of that. It took her a few seconds to decide on what heels she was going to put on. She chose a silver pair and awkwardly stepped into them. As he watched her, he realized just how serious she was being when she said she didn't know how to walk in them. She stood up straight but she reminded him of a new born fawn struggling to walk for the first time. He couldn't help but chuckle at her.

"I-I told you." She mumbled, her arms out to her side for balance.

"Here, I'll help you." He walked over to her and placed his arm around her waist. "Now let's go before the food gets cold. You must be very hungry."

She didn't respond to him, her eyes focusing on her feet as they left the room. He didn't mind this time, he actually appreciated that aspect of her. He could tell how nervous she was getting as they drew closer to the stairs. He squeezed her hip lightly, a sign that he had her. He obviously wasn't going to let her go tumbling down the stairs. She was wobbling less as they entered the dining room, pleasing him that she was catching on. Charlotte and Grayson were joining them tonight, the two already seated at the table. Grayson had a glass of scotch sitting on the table in front of him and Charlotte had a glass of red wine in her hand. The way she was acting let him know it wasn't her first glass. Both sets of eyes were on Hayden as the neared the table. He could see the jealousy burning in Charlotte's eyes but couldn't tell exactly what look Grayson was giving. He was a master of his emotion, he didn't like when people knew what he was thinking or feeling..

"Sit." Blaine motioned to the chair next to his.

Each plate had a cut of steak, green beans, and mashed potatoes with a small salad on the side. He noticed the women had half the amount of steak on their plates, most likely Charlotte's idea. Charlotte cleared her throat and focused on Blaine, he had already cut into his steak. She started talking to him about her shopping experience but he had little interest in it. He didn't understand why women felt the need to talk. to him about such boring topics. Blaine interrupted Charlotte midsentence to talk to

Grayson, making her jaw drop and snap shut.

"Did Ramorez say anything else?" He cut another piece from his steak and brought it to his mouth.

Grayson took a few seconds to finish the food he was chewing before responding, his knife cutting into his steak again while he spoke,

"Just that he'd be in touch again." He glanced at Charlotte who was staring down at her half eaten plate, then back to Blaine.

"What an idiot." He shook his head. "At least I'm making money off him."

By now, Blaine had finished almost everything in front of him. He glanced over at

Hayden and wasn't pleased to find her plate barely touched. She had her head down,

her long silky hair covering her face from his sight. She was using the fork in her

hand to push around the mash potatoes.

"Why aren't you eating?"

He gave her a moment, her body language showing she wasn't going to answer. She had been completely zoning out and hadn't realized he was talking to her.

"Hayden." His voice dark. "Why aren't you eating?"

"I-I'm not very hungry." She mumbled weakly, avoiding eye contact.

"You haven't eaten all day."

"Blaine, honey, she's tiny!" Charlotte pointed a finger at Hayden. "She probably can't eat much."