F I F T E E N

Blaine wasn't too pleased by Hayden's reaction. She had been here long enough to follow his rules. Such as keeping eye contact and greeting him. In an odd way, it didn't bother him as much as it would have with someone else. He liked that she wasn't throwing herself at him despite his many advances. He couldn't seem to keep his eyes off her and seeing her with make-up and her hair styled made it nearly impossible for him to even glance at the other woman in the room. He could practically feel the jealousy and rage coming from Charlotte and forced his eyes to turn to her.

"Charlotte, you look lovely as always. And you're doing a wonderful job."

"Little too late for complements.." She muttered under her breath.

He pretended he didn't hear her, she wasn't the one who had his attention.

"I want you both downstairs in no more than 30 minutes."

Before hearing an answer, he left the room to go downstairs. Grayson was already waiting and there was a servant at the door greeting guests.

"Grayson."

"Blaine. What's the plan for tonight?"

"Get better acquainted with a few business partners, thank a few who have enforced my contracts." Blaine straightened his tie, more guests making their way in.

"Very well, where are" Grayson stopped short when he saw Charlotte coming down the stairs with Hayden hiding behind her.

Blaine noticed his distraction and turned to see what stopped him. His eyes caught Charlotte first, then slowly moved to Hayden. The dress Charlotte had her wear was stunning. It clung to her body, accenting her curves and showing off a tasteful amount of creamy skin.

"Wow." Grayson wasn't able to stop himself from speaking.

"Now, now boys. Pick up your jaws."

Charlotte smiled, she had changed out of her purple dress and wore a tight white one that ended half an inch below her butt. It was also very low cut down the front, showing off a little of her stomach.

"Hayden, come here." Blaine's eyes darkening.

Hayden remained half way behind Charlotte, her head down and her hands nervously twisting together. He could see her teeth digging into her lip and her cheeks color.

"Hayden. Now. I don't like how I have to keep repeating myself."

"Blaine, dear, leave her alone. We're going to get some wine." Charlotte grinned and turned around.

Blaine's anger spiked as he watched Charlotte take Hayden's hand and pull her away

from him. It made him want to grab her and lock her away until she learned to listen

to him. He kept his eyes on her, the back of her dress coming into view and arousing

him further, the amount of skin showing along with the chain against her back. He

momentarily forgot his anger as dirty ideas flooded his mind.

She's gotten better at walking in heels, Charlotte's quite the miracle worker. Grayson tone was light, but his face void of anything.

He was thankful for Grayson breaking his thought. His anger hadn't completely faded, but he'd have her later. Blaine turned to face Grayson, his right hand smoothing over his goatee.

"That she is." His eyes wondered over to the door, people steadily walking in now.

"Charlotte seems to enjoy having another woman around."

Blaine ignored Grayson's comment and tried to calm himself down, he had people to greet. He left Hayden alone for the first hour, not to pay attention to her or Charlotte. After another 2 hours, he caved and went searching for Hayden. He found both women over by the fire place, each holding a glass of red wine and talking to a guest. From the looks of it, Charlotte had already consumed multiple drinks while Hayden was most likely on her first. The only thing that gave it away was Charlotte's stumbling as she moved. She walked better in heels than Hayden, who wasn't stumbling at all. He decided they were fine for now, the only thing he worried about was Charlotte making a fool of herself. He walked over to Grayson and ordered him to watch Charlotte while he mingled with his guests.

Hayden watched Charlotte wobble as she stood next to one of the guests. She had gulped down about 5 glasses, her speech starting to slur with certain words. Hayden held onto her first glass. She had never drank before, Silas wouldn't allow her to. She didn't really care for it anyway. She saw how Silas acted the nights he came home from drinking and how sluggish he would be the next day while he recovered.

She took another small sip, Charlotte had yelled at her when she was on her third glass but seemed to have forgotten her. She was chatting with a man who seemed half interested in her. He had dirty blonde hair, piercing green eyes, and a little patch of hair under his bottom lip. The three of them were standing by the fire place. The man, Logan she thought she heard, kept looking over at her. She felt awkward, Charlotte was ignoring her and she didn't know anyone else. That is, besides Blaine and Grayson but she wasn't going to go find them. She took a couple more sips of her wine out of nervousness and before she knew it she had finished it.

"Charlotte, your friend has finished her wine. Why don't you go fill up both of your glasses?" He smiled sweetly at her.

Charlotte stopped mid-sentence to gaze down at her glass, only now realizing it was

empty, then turned her eyes to Hayden. She smiled when she spotted the empty

glass.

"Finally!" She giggled, grabbing Hayden's glass. "I'll be right back!" She winked at

them and walked off for a refill.

"So, Hayden, why don't you tell me about yourself. You've been very quiet."

She blushed softly, she could feel his green eyes scanning over her. She felt her

mouth dry up and licked her lips,

"Um. I'm not very interesting." She kept adverting her eyes from him, opting to stare

at the fire instead.

"How old are you?

"23." She decided to look at him, she needed to stop being so shy.

"So young." He paused. "You have beautiful eyes." He smiled, taking a step closer to her. "How is it that Blaine was able to lure you in? You don't seem like his type."

Her lips parted slightly, her brain struggling to come up with something to say. She obviously couldn't tell this man she was here against her will for a debt she didn't create. She had no idea if he knew anything about Blaine's business or if she would get in trouble for saying anything. Thankfully, Charlotte came back with the wine and effectively freed her from responding. Each glass was filled to the rim, trails of the red liquid spilled over and ran over her fingers without her noticing.

"Here Hayden! Catch up, won't ya? You need to relax more!"

Hayden reached for the wine glass with both hands, she didn't want to spill anymore. She quickly slurped enough to stop the overflow. Her stomach heated up and her head was starting to feel fuzzy.

"What were you two talking about?" Charlotte had already gulped half her glass down and was standing close to Logan.

"Just trying to get to know Hayden."

"She's rather shy, if you ask me. Very cute though, that must be why Blaine is so interested in her."

Hayden thought she caught a hint of anger or resentment in her words. She also realized Charlotte hadn't told Logan the real reason she was her and made her feel better about not mentioning it.

"I must agree, she's quite alluring."

Hayden's cheeks turned a darker red, she really did not enjoy being the center of attention. Complements or not, it always made her feel uncomfortable.

"Ex-Excuse me. I need to use the bathroom." Hayden swiftly turned from them before either could say anything else.