T H I R T E E N

Hayden counted the days until the end of the month. She continuously told herself that Silas would have the money and she would be free from this place, free from Blaine. But when he came, she didn't even get to see him. He had dropped off what Grayson said was a pitiful amount and left. Her heart had sunk and she felt a deep pit in the bottom of her stomach. She was here because of him and he didn't even have the decency to face her. She tried telling herself he must feel ashamed for getting her into this situation and not being able to get her out but as the months continued to pass, her empathy stopped for him stopped. She was confused and angered. She didn't want to be here, didn't want to be touched by Blaine, stared at by Grayson, and patronized by Charlotte. She wanted to leave, to go back home and to pick up where she had left off. Winter came and went. She had spent Thanksgiving and Christmas with Blaine's family at a gigantic gaudy mansion. Meeting his parents had been hard. His father was a strict, cruel man and made her understand why Blaine is the way he is. His mother wasn't much better. Although she never spoke out of turn or went against her husband, she was very prim and stuck up. She seemed stiff and fake to Hayden, not warm and comforting like a mother should be. It made her ache for her parents more than she had when she initially lost them.

Spring came and melted the snow that had covered the area. Every morning she'd go to the window and stare outside until Carol came with breakfast. One morning she had refused to eat, her depression getting the best of her. Blaine was not happy and had threatened to take it out on Silas if she didn't eat. No matter how upset she was with him, she couldn't bring herself to make matters worse for him. She forced herself to eat everything she was served and didn't receive another threat. It had been 6 months since Blaine had taken her and she didn't like how comfortable he was getting with her. He had come onto her multiple more times, kissing and leaving hickeys. Hands caressing and grabbing. And what sickened her was she was beginning to like it, crave it even. Her stomach would roll with excitement and her panties would become soaked. Many nights her fingers would find their way between her thighs, bliss shortly followed by guilt and shame by what she had done. She refused to give into him and it seemed to make him want her even more.

As the end of Spring came, she longed to be outside more than she had the first couple of months. She wanted to feel the warmth of the sun on her skin and not through glass. She wanted to lay in the grass, smell the dirt and flowers, but she didn't dare ask. She didn't want to make things worse than they were.

Another morning of staring out the window, watching the sun rise through the newly budding trees. The yard was growing thicker and greener each day and she could spot areas of purple, yellow, and pink as flowers showed their blooms. Carol came in with the usual, oatmeal and fruit. Hayden's eyes zoned out on the food, no interest what so ever for the boring, bland meal but she managed to eat every last bite. She decided to take a shower, not that she had much else to do. Today, she dressed in a pair of shorts with a brown woven belt and a white tank-top. She didn't bother with shoes and made her way to the window once more. Every day that passed made her long to feel the wind in her hair and the sun on her skin.

"Hayden."

She jumped at the sound of his voice and spun around to see Blaine. She couldn't help thinking how attractive he appeared. He was in another well-tailored black suit that showed off his defined, strong body. His hair gelled neatly and his beard trimmed without a single hair out of place. His gray-blue eyes pinned her to where she stood. He let his eyes roam over her, one hand raising to his chin and smoothing over his beard. Her head dipped away from him, no matter how long she'd been here she continued to struggle making eye contact with him.

He moved closer to her and brushed her hair away from her face, his fingers pulling her chin up to face him while his other hand gently rested on her hip and pulled her body closer to his. She could feel heat radiating from him, his musky scent filling her nostrils and her heart began to pound in her chest. She wanted to push him away, wanted to run. But she couldn't. Her body seemed frozen in place, drawn to him like a magnet.

Blaine placed both hands on her hips, one of them reaching under the soft material of her shirt. Her skin was smooth and warm against his fingers. As he slid higher, he heard her whimper as if he had hurt her from his light touch. He watched her teeth claim her bottom lip, irritation and desire filling him. He wanted to be the one tasting and biting those luscious lips. Not to mention her legs and ass in the shorts she was wearing.

"I'm having people over tonight. I want you to dress nice, you'll be attending."

"Why do I need to be there?"

"I want to show you off." He smirked down at her, pride in his expression.

"I'm not yours, I'm a prisoner." Her voice bitter.

His grip on her hips tightened, he didn't like the way she was speaking to him. One of his hands moved back to her jaw, his fingers firm as he forced her head to tilt upward.

"You're whatever the hell I want you to be."

Her blue eyes wavered and her cheeks turned a soft pink. He couldn't believe how innocent she was. Part of him knew women like her must exist but he never seemed to meet them. Not that his line of work really allowed for that. He was also surprised. at how she hadn't given into him yet. He could tell there was a change in her reaction, that she wanted him more than she let on. But her refusal remained, fueling him to possess her even more.

"Make sure you look presentable."

He tore himself away from her, his hands instantly craving to touch of her skin. He quickly turned his back to her, he needed to cool down. Returning to his office was the only thing that came to his mind. While he sat in his chair at his desk, he thought he'd call Charlotte and have her help Hayden. She was most likely still fuming but he knew that if he called, she would come running. The phone call lasted a minute or two. As he assumed, she answered right away and was eager to help him. She even

apologized to him and begged him to allow her to make it up to him. He hung up the

phone, a smirk on his face. He knew he could always count on her.

In a way, he felt bad for Charlotte. Over time, he came to realize she had grown

feeling for him, feelings he would never be able to return. He had told her he wasn't

a man capable of that. He wanted a woman who would follow his every command,

bend to his will, and fulfill his every desire. That didn't include loud, annoying

women. He didn't take commands well, he wasn't comforting, and he didn't tolerate

being disrespected. She told him she understood and would be that for him but her

actions clearly showed that wasn't the case. He let her stick around simply because

she was a great fuck and was always more than willing to do what he wanted..

Eventually, someone would replace her. It wasn't something he had told her, but he

knew it would happen. He tapped his fingers on his desk, thinking about what to do

until the party started tonight. He went back to his computer, browsed the emails he

had and completing accounting that needed to be done.