N I N E T E E N

"I just fin-" She stopped short when Grayson came into view. "Oh. Grayson. I'm sorry, I thought you were Carol."

"I was coming for the tray. I told Carol I would help her out."

She blushed and shifted uncomfortable, all too aware that she was covered only by a man's shirt. She noticed his eyes looking her over, making her blush deeper. He seemed different, he never stared at her too long

"Are you okay? Hlaine looked pissed last night." He took a step into the room, shutting the door behind him.

Although she was simply wearing a man's shirt, she was absolutely mouthwatering. Grayson caught himself wishing it was his shirt she had on. She was tiny and exceedingly innocent yet her body said something else. Her sexy curves and honey colored skin was driving him wild. The way she pouted unconsciously or tried to hide her face behind her hair. Her soft voice ripped him from his thoughts, he shouldn't be thinking of her like that anyway.

"Yea, I'm fine"

She had to stop herself from biting her lip and instead nervously played with her hair. Grayson walked over to her, passing the tray without attempting to pick it up. His eyes lowered and his jaw tightened.

"He did that to you."

It wasn't a question and she wasn't sure what he was talking about until he lifted her chin with two finger to get a better view of her neck. She flinched and turned away from him, her hair covering the hickeys again.

"Hayden." His voice rough.

Grayson brushed her long hair away from her neck, revealing the dark marks. He wished those were his, that she was wearing his shirt and trapped in his room. The trail went under the collar of the shirt and no doubt continued over her chest.

"1-I'm fine."

She couldn't look at him, she had already felt guilty by what she had done. She didn't need him making it worse for her.

"Are you sure?"

"Ye-yes." Her cheeks burned and she stood up to walk away from him.

He let her stand up but didn't budge or let her move away from him. She swallowed hard and turned her eyes up to him.

"Why are you so willing to give into him?" He traced a finger over the dark marks.

She swatted his hand away from her. He was confusing her. Until last night, he made it seem like he saw her as an annoyance. Now, he was acting as if he cared and was boldly touching her.

"I don't want to get in trouble." She spoke softly, as if Blaine would hear her if she didn't.

She thought she could see jealously and lust twisting together in his hazel eyes. confusing her further.

"You're a beautiful woman, Hayden. I don't want to see him break you."

"I don't see how I have a choice. I can't leave!" She snapped at him, surprising him and herself.

"Your brother should have died." His teeth gnashed together, fists clenching "He's a lowlife."

"Don't say that!" She yelled, her eyes watering. "Silas has done everything for me! He"