Chapter II

Chapter 2: Yiga!

Zelda and Link had left Kakariko Village and they were now heading all the way to Lush Village

Zelda and Link had left Kakariko Village and they were now heading all the way to Lush Village. Storm and Epona were keeping a steady pace.

"So, tell me, you don't have ANY feeling of the Triforce power?" Link asked.

"Nothing," Zelda bluntly replied.

Suddenly Zelda looked down, as if she was scared.

"Are you okay?" Link asked.

"Yeah, but what if monsters attack us?" Zelda said. 

"Well...there aren't many monsters left in Hyrule," Link stated.

"Yeah, but there is still the Yiga Clan," Zelda said.

Before Link could reply, he heard laughter in the distance. Just then, a Yiga Blademaster jumped out at them, followed by about 10 Footsoldiers and another 7 Blademasters. Immediately Link jumped in front of the Princess.

"Pathetic," one of the Blademasters said.

Link began fighting with the Master Sword. Zelda just watched how Link swung the sword. His handiwork was flawless. His slashes were soft yet hard enough to do real damage. A loud grunt broke her out of her trance. Then her senses kicked in, Link couldn't handle 18 Yiga's at once! Zelda felt a power surge through her, when she looked down at her hand, she saw a Triforce appear. She started shooting magical beams at the Yiga's Zelda looked over at Link, he had several cuts in various places. He gave her a look of pain, before going back to fight.

Finally all of the Yiga's were dead, all except one. Zelda looked at Link, and didn't notice the Yiga Footsoldier diving his Vicious Sickle right at her chest. When Zelda noticed, she thought this was the end, and closed her eyes waiting for pain. She heard a scream.

"No!" A man screamed, followed by a sickening grunt.

She opened her eyes; Link was in front of her. She looked at the Yiga and noticed that Link's sword was dug into his chest. Zelda looked at the Yiga's sword and looked at where it was, it was dug into Link's side. They had stabbed each other! They both pulled their swords out of each other; both the swords were covered with blood. The Blademaster disappeared in a puff of smoke, while Link fell to the ground clutching his side in agony and pain. Instantly his hand was covered in blood. Zelda ran over to him and tried to help him, but the moment she touched him he screamed out in pain. He needed help. That was the problem, they're at the Sanidin (San-na-din) Park Ruins, Outskirt Stable was nearby, but there was no way that Zelda could safely move Link, and she couldn't just leave him.

"Can you walk?" Asked Zelda, cursing because that was a stupid question to ask

He tried to stand but let out a horrid cry out and fell back down. He was in too much pain.

Before Zelda could decide what to do, another Footsoldier appeared.

"Oh, speak of the devil!" Zelda said.

There were two things that would happen, Zelda would win, or she would die horribly. She managed to kill the Yiga.

"Link!" She screamed, when she heard coughing.

Everything was repeating itself! Link was dying, just like last time. Zelda decided to try and use the Sheikah Slate. She held Link's hand and tapped Zora's Domain. When they arrived, they were surrounded by Zora. They took Link away and asked Zelda to wait outside.

Sidon came over to Zelda and greeted her with a smile. "Hey! I heard what happened, are you okay?"

Zelda scoffed, "yeah."

"You sure?" He asked again.

"It's just I know who I wanna be, but I don't know who I am, you know?" She replied.

"You gotta have roots before branches," Sidon said, earning a smile from Zelda.

"Wise words from a wise Prince," she said, her golden hair ruffling in the wind as she overlooked the waterfalls of the Wetland region. "Like someone I used to know..."

Sidon smiled sadly. He knew who she was referring to. Tech, her long lost...long dead...friend.

Suddenly the doctor burst into the area.

"Well? How is he?" Zelda asked.

"I-I'm sorry Princess, b-but...he didn't make it." the doctor said.

Zelda burst into tears and ran into the room that Link was supposedly in, and Sidon followed her in.

Zelda spent the next 2 hours crying on top of Link, until something incredible happened. The triforce symbol appeared on Zelda's hand, and it glowed brightly. Then a triforce symbol appeared on Link's hand and glowed brightly. Suddenly Link's heart started again. It was the goddess! Zelda felt a cold hand on her cheek.

"Why are you crying?" A voice asked

Zelda knew the voice, it was soft and sweet, and it belonged to Link.

"Because I thought you were dead!" Zelda managed to blurt out.

"Maybe," Link said.

Zelda was so happy that Link was alive, but little did she know what was coming...

...

"Master! Plans are going well, soon Ganon will be free once more!" A voice said.

A figure turned around; however, it was too dark to see their features.

"Good! It's time to put an end to this little Princess, and now, she'll have no one coming to save her! Bwahahaha!"