06 | Alone At Last

Samara opened the door to her little brother's depressingly decorated bedroom without knocking, laying eyes on his figure underneath the covers in the king sized bed where he held his iPad horizontally while laying on his side

"What you doing boy?" She asked, shifting her purse on her shoulder. She then covered her eyes when he turned his iPad around to show her the video he was watching on PornHub before following up with an annoyed smack of her lips.

"You could've just said you were watching a video. Did you have to show me? You disgust me." She told him with a frown on her face.

"Well don't come in my room then." He shrugged, focusing back on the video.

Unlike most men—well, people in general—Samir didn't watch pornography to get off to it, as in, ejaculation. Shockingly enough, he never got boners from it either; the videos were regular entertainment to him, like a TV show or something. He watched them strictly to educate himself.

His sister knew that but teased him about it anyway because it was so uncommon and almost unbelievable for someone to watch porn if it wasn't for a sexual release. Her little brother was just weird like that, though.

"I'm finna go to Juicy Crab with my man. You want me to bring you something back?" She asked.

"It's ten in the morning." He said back with furrowed eyebrows, confused on why she wanted to eat seafood this early in the day.

"And? I know how to read a clock boy. Do you want some crab legs or not?"

"No thanks.." He pulled the cover over his head to let her know he wanted her to leave without actually telling her, making Samara smack her lips again.

"You need to get up and do something today. All you do is work and sleep; nigga don't ever talk and barely ever eat. Be regular today. Go knock on that lady door and make a friend or something."

"I think she left last night." He mumbled under his breath.

"Uhun. I just seen her on the elevator. I think she went downstairs 'cause they catered Chic Fil A today."

"Was it a man with her?" He lifted his head from underneath the cover, and Samara smiled at how quickly that caught his attention.

"Nope. You better go try and catch her for he pop up and beat yo' ass for tryna get at her."

"But what if she was leaving? Like leaving the building?" He signed with his hands to her, now unable to talk at the mere thought of Nina. She made him so nervous, even in front of his own sister.

"She didn't have a purse with her or anything." Samara shrugged, and Samir pondered on his decision for a few seconds before raising up from his bed.

"Ok I'm leaving now foreal. Let me know how it goes." She chuckled at her little brother's urgency to see Nina, though it made her really happy that someone finally caught his interest. He turned down women so much that she was starting to think he had a little sugar in his tank.