20 | Round 2: L

Nina's left leg bounced repeatedly with her right one folded over it, watching the young nurse check Tyler's vitals since he was finally awake from the deep sleep the pain medication had him in

Nina's left leg bounced repeatedly with her right one folded over it, watching the young nurse check Tyler's vitals since he was finally awake from the deep sleep the pain medication had him in. Just looking at him boiled her blood. It was almost five hours later and she was still pissed off.

She still hadn't been to sleep yet and her stomach was hurting so bad from the liquor and hot wings she had in the club. Samir wasn't answering her calls, there was dried up blood on her dress, and she needed a shower. There were so many contributing factors to her anger.

"I'll bring one more round of pain meds and then I'll bring the discharge papers after breakfast. Please take it easy Mr. Davis." The nurse spoke softly to him before leaving out of the room, giving the two of them some privacy.

"I'm sorry Nina.. I missed you." He said to justify his actions, looking over at her through his bruised and swollen eyes.

"And you thought that was the best way to show it? Look at you, bro. For the second time!" She exclaimed, not bothering to lower her voice.

"No I—I told Jace not to, man.. I did. I only came to get you and I told him to stay in the car." He explained.

"You shouldn't have been there in the first place, Tyler. Like what sane person does shit like that? You could've just stopped Jace but no, instead, you tried to jump somebody you don't even know and got beat up instead. Did that work out how you planned it?" She purposely didn't use Samir's name because Tyler was the type to press charges and she didn't even play like that.

"It wasn't supposed to happen like t—,"

"Well it did. And now your face is messed up for the second time." She cut him off, gesturing to the mirror in the front of the room so that he could see himself.

It went quiet between the two of them for a few minutes, and Nina put her attention on her phone while Tyler's eyes lingered on her. She was so beautiful, even when she was blowing steam from her ears.

"Ma died yesterday.." He told her quieter than his previous tone. Her expression immediately dropped and she looked up from her phone at him with her lips parted slightly from shock.

She remembered him texting her last week when she was at that lounge with Zyriah that his mother was given only six more months to live with the second round of cancer. How did six months turn into less than two weeks?!

"Oh my god.. is that why y—," She cut herself off when he nodded, clenching his swollen jaw to stop himself from crying.

"I—I'm so sorry Ty..I didn't know." Her tone quieted as well, now regretting how harsh she'd been towards him.