23 | Trauma Bonding

"It's heavy, ain't it baby?" Nina chuckled as she stuck her key into the lock on the front door of Samir's apartment while he stood behind her, playing with her butt and carrying their two duffle bags on his shoulder at the same time

"Yeah. You getting big. Is that a bad thing to say? I mean—you still look good. Real good. So don't take it negatively." He tried to catch himself from offending her and his voice sounded like he was in trouble or something, making her laugh.

"I'll try not to." She opened the door with a smile, leading the way inside.

"No, really. I like it. I didn't mean for that to b—,"

"Mir, it's okay. Calm down boy." She knew he was beginning to overthink his response but she truly wasn't offended.

"Ok. Good." He kissed her cheek once she pulled his hand away from his hair to stop him from anxiously yanking on it.

"Look who's backkkk! Mr and Mrs put it in they face." Samara walked back into the apartment from the patio, holding a broom and dustpan in her hand.

Samir tuned the both of them out once they began to talk about the social media fiasco from this weekend, heading back to his bedroom to drop off the heavy bags he carried. They were heavier than when they left a few days ago because of the small shopping trip they took in Orlando and the souvenirs from Magic Kingdom.

On his way back to the living room where the girls were now sitting on the couch, he passed by Samara's room that was opened enough to where he could see a bunch of brown boxes and Tristan emptying the drawers from Samara's dresser.

"Is Top going back to his place? Y'all arguing?" Samir asked his older sister after walking in from the hallway, interrupting the conversation she and Nina were having.

The two of them got into arguments and broke up every two business days, so he wouldn't be surprised if they were. Tristan had never took it far enough to move his things out of her room though, and vice versa for Tristan's townhome. This argument must've been serious.

"Oh, about that..." Samara trailed off with quick silence while standing up to approach her brother.

"I'm moving in with him. Full time." She told him, and an immediate frown graced his face.

"No you aren't." He shut that down before she could even explain.

"I'm not joking Samir, I'm serious. We're packing right now—not just him." She said, causing his expression to slowly drop.

"Really?"

"Yes. Look." She raised her left hand to show him the diamond ring on it, and his face didn't change nor did his posture budge. A slightly awkward aura filled the room as Samara waited for her brother's reaction, but he didn't give one.

It slowly set in that her promise ring from three years ago had been replaced by an even bigger ring, meaning that Tristan had finally popped the big question. The realization made Samir turn to walk back to his bedroom without saying anything else.