10 | Blast from the Past

Samir's hands were behind his head being used in place of a pillow, currently laid out on a blanket with his eyes on Nina, watching her take pictures of herself while using the morning sunrise as lighting

They were currently in Galveston at Stewart Beach, which is where Samir worked as a diver during the week. They drove here at four in the morning to watch the sun come up together, and the hour long drive was filled with Nina talking his ear off; his new favorite obsession.

Before arriving, they stopped to pick up food from Waffle House for breakfast, and Nina had just paused on eating her Bacon Cheesesteak Melt meal to catch the early morning golden hour.

"You so pretty Tinkerbell." Samir's eyes glistened from the sunlight as he stared at her, watching her lips pucker out to make a kissy face before she leaned down to put him in the picture as well.

"Huh? Say it again for me baby." She held down the white circle to record a video while returning his gaze, though hers was much stronger than his because he became so nervous that he had to look away.

"Stop it Nina." He threw his arm over his eyes but that didn't help deter his visible shyness because all she did was pull it down, then she turned his head to make him look at her camera.

"You so handsome my baby." She kissed his bottom lip a few times before it turned up from his smile, and it grew with a laugh when Nina playfully slid her tongue over his teeth.

"Yup I need all that." She opened her mouth to suck on both of his lips, then laughed with him when he pushed her head away.

"You're insane. You need to get that checked out." He told her, and all she did was shrug as if she didn't know what he was talking about.

"You love that shit boy." She chuckled, lying down next to him on the blanket with her head propped up in the palm of her hand.

"Speaking of shit, I've never heard you cuss before." She raised her leg to be over his waist, and his hand went to rest on her thigh.

"Yeah and you curse a lot to be married to a pastor."

"Right? He hates it. He hates when I watch or listen to things with cursing in it too, but I never stopped; I cursed when he met me, cursed before we got married... I've always been a cusser. I'll cuss in my casket, really." She shrugged again, and Samir laughed at how serious she seemed.

"Does he?" He curiously asked.

"Sometimes. When he's mocking me or when his dad pisses him off. He doesn't do it casually like I do though, and I try not to do it so much around him. I think I only do it around him when I'm mad. And he's usually the reason why I'm mad so he always deserves it."

"I don't mean to make you sad or anything, but why have you stayed so long? It's like he always makes you feel a way, like either sad or mad." Samir wondered aloud.