09 | The Sign

Samir walked into his bedroom holding a gray bowl full of breakfast food—most notably known as a pasta bowl

Samir walked into his bedroom holding a gray bowl full of breakfast food—most notably known as a pasta bowl. It looked like a plate but the circumference of it was raised like a bowl to prevent the food from falling off of the sides. His sister stole a bunch of them from Target.

For breakfast, Samir made fluffy cinnamon sugar French toast, cheesy eggs, smoked sausage patties, bacon, and crispy cut up potatoes. He had no idea what Nina preferred for breakfast, so he just made what he and his sister usually ate.

Expecting to see Nina asleep in his bed where he'd left her, he was surprised to see that she was no longer there. Then, she walked out of his bathroom, patting the top of her head over the bonnet that covered her hair.

"Good morning. I made you breakfast." He stated the obvious, causing a cheeky smile to set as her expression.

"Thank you my baby." She held the side of his face in her hand, bringing his head forward to kiss his cheek. He could smell the mint scent in her mouth as she tilted her head to kiss his other cheek while he grinned shyly.

"It smells good. You smell good too." She then kissed his jaw before taking the plate from him, walking to sit at his desk all casually like she didn't just send him into a frenzy.

Everything she did sent him into one.

For example, sleeping with her last night. They'd napped together before but last night was different.

She cuddled with him the whole night, and every time he happened to twist or turn, she'd wake up to ask him if he was okay; and she said it in such a soft voice. He loved her sleepy voice. He loved how she constantly guided his head to lay on her chest while they slept, too. He loved how she rubbed on his face to put him to sleep.

And he loved how he was able to sleep through the entire night with no interruptions. He didn't even wake up to use the restroom. He knew that it was probably cliche to say, but that was the best sleep he'd ever gotten.

"Did you hear me baby?" Nina asked, making him refocus.

"Huh?"

"I said how did you sleep?" She licked the powdered sugar from the French toast off of her finger, putting her gaze on him.

"Best sleep I ever got." He signed to her, taking a seat at the edge of his bed to be near her.

"When you get some pussy it might be better." She said with little to no emotion, sending him into yet another frenzy.

"Stop doing that Nina." He frowned at her, and she fell into a fit of laughter before putting a spoonful of eggs in her mouth.