Chapter 5

Picture of Pooja ^^ (i do not own this picture and i do not know who it is)

Sanjana POV

Ever since Prem saved me that day from those boys we started getting close to each other. We ate lunch together every single day for the last week of school. We would talk about our lives and he would make me laugh with his jokes. I was starting to actually to like him a lot and i knew that was really wrong because i destined to fulfill my father's promise. But maybe i could change by destiny.

Just maybe.

I rarely spoke to them now, at dinner time i only talked unless they asked me questions. When they did ask me questions, I would respond with one word answers.

I did it to even my mom because i am pretty sure she was there when i was born and she could have stopped him from promising his friend that i would marry his son. The only people i talk to now are my brother, Vihaan, my sister, Simran, and Prem.

I actually really "like like" Prem. I wonder if he likes me back the same way. I am really grateful to him for that day when he saved me. I don't know what would have happened if he wasn't there to save me. A tear ran down my face. I quickly wiped it away. I thank him everyday when i see him at lunch. I have way more respect for him too.

Whenever i see him now, i get butterflies in my stomach and i instantly have a smile on my face. Its like we are the only two people in the world.

Anyways i was going to head out to get my nails done for the wedding tomorrow. Yesterday we went to my cousins house that was getting married. We were invited for her to do her Ganesh Pooja. This is day 1 of the Indian wedding if you are on the brides side. Indian wedding usually last 3 days. Tonight we were going over for the mehendi session. This is day 2 of an Indian wedding if you are on the brides side.

I was going to wear a yellow shalwar so i was going to paint my nails a color to go along with the shalwar. I told my parents i am heading out then i walked out and headed for the nail salon. when i got there i told the workers what i wanted and then they started working on me.

Prem POV

This week has been amazing! I feel like she actually might like me back! But before i say anything to her i want to make sure that she does. I will have to try and see if she does over this school trip. She is always thanking me for saving her. I am just glad that i was there to save her and that she is not hurt.

I cant wait to see her tomorrow at my cousins wedding even though i have been seeing her every single day at lunch this week at school. I wonder how she will look in traditional clothing. Most likely more beautiful than she already is if that is even possible.

She always finds her way into my mind no matter what the situation is or who i am with. I never get things done anymore.

I sighed and decided to take a walk. I told my parents i was heading out.

Sanjana POV

After they were finished i started to walk back to my house. I was just admiring my nails with the designs.

As i was looking at my nails and not where i was going, i bumped into something very hard. I yelled, "watch it." When i stepped back and looked, it was Prem!

I chuckled a little and said "sorry Prem, i didnt know it was you."

"its okay, it wasn't your fault", he laughed.

He started talking about something but i wasn't really paying attention to him. I just tilted my head and studied his face. The way his jaw clenched when he was talking. They way his soft lips were moving with every word that came out of his mouth. My eyes then traveled up to his eyes. The twinkle in his eyes kept me captivated.

He waved his hand in my face, repeating my name. "Sanjana, Sanjana, Sanjana", he chanted. I shook my head and came out of my daze. "Huh??, what happened?", i asked him.

He just laughed and said "don't worry about it."

We locked eyes, smiling from ear to ear. We stood there like that for a few minutes, until a little girl pulled on my coat crying. I shook my head to come out of goof mode and bent down to the tiny, little girl. Prem bent down beside me with a concerning look on his face. I gently held one of her hands while Prem held the other.

"Whats wrong?", i asked the little girl.

"I cant find my mommy...", the girl responded with a tear coming down her face.

I gasped. How can parents be so careless. I wonder why some parents even become parents in the first place.

"where did you last see your mom?", Prem questioned her with a concerning look on his face and the twinkle now gone in his eyes with his lips parted.

"We was at the play ground and i was playing on the slide and then i felt hungry, so i went to look for her and i couldnt find her. I looked for her everywhere on the play ground and i couldnt find her", the little girl said crying and wiping her tears.

"we will go back and look for her again! maybe she was playing hide-and-seek with you!", Prem told her trying to make her giggle and cheer up. She did smile.

"Whats your name?", i asked her. "Pooja", she responded.

"That's a beautiful name Pooja and how old are you?', i asked Pooja.

She held up 6 fingers and smiled and told me thank you. I said "okay", smiled at her and stood up

Prem stood up after me. I held one of her hands softly and Prem held the other. We walked to the playground that was in the direction she came from.

Pooja was beautiful. she had beautiful big brown eyes. Her hair fell mid- back. She had baby pink lips. She was wearing a white and red dress.

Whiles i was admiring Pooja, we suddenly stopped. I looked up and we were at the playground.

________________________________________

Hey guys! hope you enjoyed this chapter! Dont forget to comment and vote! Tell other people about this book too, if you enjoyed it!

Okay until next time! bye lovelies!