Chapter 13

Sanjana POV

Today was the last day in France and all I had planned today was some shopping. I didn't want to go with Amrita or Anjali. I kind of just wanted some alone time. 

I did my normal morning routine and headed out for the day. I stopped at all the local shops that I had seen the days before but hadn't had a chance to visit. 

Prem POV

I hadn't seen Sanjana in a while and I didn't look for her either because I figured she needed some space. She was acting really strangely the last time we had an encounter. 

The past few days I have been touring France with some of my friends. I was having an amazing time to be honest, but I was kind of missing Sanjana. I don't know why she is pushing me away. She seemed to like me first. I don't know if I did something to cause her to shy away from me. 

I was just walking around and taking in the scenery one last time before we leave for Spain tomorrow. I decided to grab some food from a local vendor since it was close to lunch and I was getting kind of hungry. 

As I finished my food, I looked up and spotted Sanjana coming out of one of the shops. She looked so beautiful. I decided to get up and go to her. Maybe I can figure out what was going on and what was wrong. 

I quickly caught up to where she was and when I was close enough I called out to her. She turned around and smiled when she saw me. She seemed happy to see me but her expression quickly faded to a blank stare. She waited for me to catch up.

"Hi Sanjana," I greeted as we started to walk down the street together.

"Hi Prem," she replied. 

"Would you like me to help you with those bags?" I asked referring to the bags that she was carrying from shopping. 

She refused but after I kept insisting, she gave in and let me hold some of them for her. It was got a little awkward after that since no one spoke, so I decided to try to have a conversation again. 

"Are you heading back to the hotel?" I asked her. 

"Yes," she dryly responded. 

"Have you enjoyed touring France so far?" I tried again.

"Yes," she again shortly replied. 

After trying a few more times to try to have a conversation and having her give me dry ass answers, I gave up as we were nearing the hotel. I helped her carry her bags all the way to her hotel room. The elevator ride was completely silent. 

When we got to her room, I helped her set all of her bags down. She thanked me for helping her and I was about to leave when we locked eyes. She stared into my eyes and I could sense that she wanted to tell me something as if she actually needed to tell me something but it seemed that she decided against it when she broke the intense trance by looking away. 

We have already had quite a few encounters and adventures already. I am not sure as to why she is acting this way. I decided to just let it be. 

"I guess I'll see you around," I stated as I walked out of her room. I didn't hear any reply as I walked out.

I headed straight to my room to freshen up and start packing because the next day we will be on our way to Spain. 

Every so often my mind would trail off to the thought of her. I don't know why I was attracted to her. She doesn't even like me or at least that's the impression she is giving me. 

After I finished packing, I headed off to bed as our flight was early in the morning. I drifted off to sleep easily. 

Sanjana POV

As soon as I heard "Sanju" my heart immediately fluttered. I was so happy to even hear his voice. I started smiling and as soon as I realized that I was, I changed my expression. I didn't want to give off the impression that I was happy to see him or that I missed him, which I did. 

He helped carry some of my shopping bags after insisting on it. He also tried to make conversation but I shot down every chance he took. I felt awful because I really did want to talk to him but this was the only way to get him to stop without directly telling him. 

After he left my hotel room, I started to pack my suitcases. When I was finished, I headed off to bed. 

----------

Another update!! I really hope you guys are happy with the story so far. 

I wanted to clarify that I started this story years ago and I kind of forgot some of the details of the story. I reread what I wrote, however, if some things are off please just go with the flow. Its kind of all fuzzy. 

Please leave any ideas or suggestions you guys may have!

Anyways, love you guys! Don't forget to vote/follow/comment!!

Happy Holidays as well to everyone. Hope you guys are staying safe. 

See ya!