𝟮𝟭 | 𝗺𝗮𝗰𝗵 𝟭𝟬

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐱𝐱𝐢 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐚𝐫𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐫

❝ 𝐦𝐚𝐜𝐡 𝟏𝟎 ❞

IT HAD BEEN A TOTAL OF EIGHT YEARS, THREE MONTHS, AND FIFTY FOUR DAYS SINCE FAITH KAZANSKY HAD LAST SPOKEN, OR EVEN SEEN BRADLEY BRADSHAW.

God, she missed him so much.

But he left her.

Standing in the rain all by herself, watching as he drove away and crying with her hands wrapped around her body.

But who's counting, right?

She'd been promoted to Captain. Working alongside her fellow Avengers at TOPGUN itself. Don't get her wrong, flying with the Fightertown squadron was great. But it just wasn't quite her tempo, you know? It wasn't thrilling. So, she left with a notice to Hurricane, who'd caught her as she was sticking the notice to his cabin door. He just pulled her into a side hug, wrapping his arm around her shoulders, sighing as they leant against each other. A quick nod, like always, and then she left.

Then, Ice told her that her uncle was in the desert. Exciting, right? She took the job immediately beside Mav. As a test pilot. In the Mojave. With Maverick. It was, thrilling, to say the least. But it was better than working with the Avengers. Man, those guys were stiff. Serious. It was not her thing.

Together, they were a dangerous duo. Everyone in the Navy had heard of them, the Maverick and the Archer, the pair of Captains with a total of seven air to air kills in active duty. Of course, Faith had four confirmed kills, Mav backing her up with three.

They flew multiple missions together, well, Faith flew, while Maverick just maneuvered his plane the entire time. But he was her uncle, after all. And her mentor, besides Ice. And she wouldn't have it any other way. He just took a lot of risks, and made a few mistakes. One of those mistakes he'd made was not telling Bradley that his mother was the one who insisted on him not flying after his father's death. But Pete didn't want Bradley to hate his mother for her promise, and so, he took the blame on himself.

Faith? She was doing perfectly alright. Despite the fact that there was a Bradley-sized hole in her heart, she was doing pretty good as a Captain in the Navy. People respected her, looked up to her as a mentor.