𝟯𝟳 | 𝘄𝗵𝗮𝘁'𝘀 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝗻?

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐱𝐱𝐱𝐯𝐢𝐢 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐚𝐫𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐫

❝  𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭'𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐧? ❞

✈ ✈ ✈

THE SNOW WAS TOO COLD UNDER HER CHEEK.

Groaning at the feeling, Faith's eyes flutter open, eye lash flickering through the snow. Another groan, she brings her hand to the side of her head, slowly pushing herself to sit in an upright position against the snow. Her head feels heavy, the weight of the helmet and mask adds onto it.

Her eyes blink once or twice, adjusting to the bare white-ness of her surroundings. There's a vivid memory of what just happened. Bradley yelling for her, Maverick being hit by that missile.

Maverick.

Faith turns her head to the side, pushing herself to her feet, before stepping forward in the snow. She almost trips over the cord of her parachute, and with an annoyed groan, she clicks it off in a single go. She looks around again, scanning her eyes through her stark surroundings, bringing a hand to rub against her forearm to keep herself warm.

There he was.

Cheek first into the snow, helmet clad on his head. She finds herself running through the snow in his direction, sliding to her knees when she reaches him.

She pulls his head into her hands, taking off his mask, before patting his cheek to wake him up. After, one, rather tight pat, her uncle's eyes are flickering open. "Hey, Mav. You need to get up, man, we need to get out of here." Faith sits on her knees, arms around herself to keep warm, as her uncle takes in the surroundings.

Maverick looks at her, pointing a finger at her face, "You.. You're..." He moves to sit up like her, but fails to. Faith pushes forward, pulling him to sit on the snow in an upright position like her. He mutters a thank you, and she just nods, waiting for him to continue with what he meant to say.

Her uncle takes a breath, before he waves a finger at her, "You're an idiot." Faith scoffs in surprise. "Okay, what?" Faith's face contorts, arms folding to her chest as she gives him the icy glare.

"I said, you're an idiot. For jumping into the fire like that, for what? A boy?" Maverick's yelling now. Faith winces, total confusion rattling her face and body, as she yells too, "I love him!"