𝟮𝟴 | 𝗱𝗼𝗴𝗳𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁 𝗳𝗼𝗼𝘁𝗯𝗮𝗹𝗹

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐱𝐱𝐯𝐢𝐢𝐢 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐚𝐫𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐫

❝ 𝐝𝐨𝐠𝐟𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐟𝐨𝐨𝐭𝐛𝐚𝐥𝐥 ❞

IT WAS GAME TIME.

Maverick had called Faith up at five in the morning, reminding her to dress in her casuals for the beach.

So, that's where they were currently.

Faith was clad in a white tank top with a black bikini top under it, matched with ripped denim shorts. She stood beside Maverick, pushing her aviators that had sunk down the curve of her nose upwards, hands by her waist.

Maverick's giving them the rules, "Today, we're going to play a game. Dogfight football. Offense and defense, together. Teams are gonna be led by me and Captain Kazansky."

And then he turns in her direction, fist out in front of him, "Best of three?" Faith nods. The two Captains engage in a game of rock, papers, and scissors to see who chose first.

First, scissors, Mav, and rock, Faith. Everyone cheers and whoops. Then, paper, Faith, and rock once again, but it's Mav. Phoenix claps Faith's shoulder, and everyone leans forward in anticipation. Finally, scissors, and.......

Scissors.

The squadron groans. Faith and Maverick look at each other through their aviators. They look at the shore of the sea next. And then they're yelling and readying themselves for a race, "Winner chooses first!" Faith and Maverick take off, running beside each other. Maverick looks to give her a smug smirk, leading forward.

Faith growls as she runs, throwing heavy pants out as she catches up to Maverick, leading. She touches the furthermost wave, turning back to return as her speed increases even more, putting her hand out to clap Jake's.

"Captain Kazansky wins fair and square!" Jake is announcing loudly, drawing cheers and whoops from the others. Faith closes her eyes, face contorting as she pants heavily, placing both hands on her waist. Just then, Maverick claps Natasha's hand, grumbling under his breath as he walks to stand in front of her, glaring like a child through his aviators when Faith shakes Natasha's hand.

"Alright, Phoenix." Faith chooses first.

"Payback."

"Hangman." Natasha groans at Faith's choice.