Chapter 3

The two partners, well ex partners, sit in silence, each individually getting lost in their own thoughts. Dazai thinking about the uneasy feeling in his git and Chuuya worrying about dazai (awwwwww).

Just as the two pull into an abandoned parking lot about a two minute walk from their destination, Dazai hears a faint click somewhere above them. He recognises the sound immediately and leaps over to Chuuya pushing him flat against the seat as a small metal bullet whizzes past, just grazing Dazais cheek. Even though Dazai knew Chuuya could stop the bullet with his ability he couldn't bare the thought of just letting it happen though he would never admit that to the other

...

Chuuyas heart jumps out of its chest as Dazai looms above him, pushing his shoulders against the chair. Once the bullet has whizzed past and he gets an okay from Dazai he sits back up, looking above them to the right, where the bullet had emerged from.

The night sky is still, it could almost be called beautiful if it wasn't for the thick layer of smog coating the rough area of the city at this time of night. The moon could barely be seen through the fog, coating it like a blanket of mystery.

Dazai peers around at the rooftops, looking for any sign of a person, or anything at all besides the decrepit buildings. Nothing. Nothing at all, he couldn't figure anything out. Quite unusual for him. Even once in the mafia when an enemy had an ability to make himself invisible, he had still managed to figure out he was there. That's how he was trained, nothing should be able to get past him.

His mind spiral, trying to find some explanation when all of a sudden,

'slap'

Dazai turns his head to face Chuuya, his cheek burning from the sensation.

"Oy, Dazai, what we doin?" Chuuya asks, almost completely ignoring the fact that he had just slapped Dazai! But behind the words Dazai could tell what they meant ' Get yourself together, I need you'

So Dazai brought himself out of his mind, focusing only on what was in front of him as he took a deep breath, not visible to the other in the car however as he had always been taught to never be able to show what he was thinking or... feeling? No that wasn't the right word, ' Oh who cares!' Dazai thought as he stared at the ginger who was waiting for his instruction.

"Well obviously this isn't some amateur assassin, they hid themselves right away, without leaving even a singe idea, so I say we go to the rooftop where the shot came from, try to see if anything was left there, something we could follow." Dazai mutters to himself, though he meant to tell the ginger as well.

"Okay, got it, you got your gun?" Say the ginger mafioso

"AWWWWWWW is CHU CHU worried about meeeeee, of course I have, what do you take me for??" He taunts with a mischievous grin on his face.

"Oh shut it you bastard" Chuuya whispers as he leaps up out of the car, whilst Dazai, must like when he entered the car, simply leaped over the side with his long legs.

They walked together down a few alleyways, no words being exchanged between the two. After a few minutes they arrived at the building that Dazai had determined the shot to have came from. Whilst Chuuya used his ability to simply float to the top of the roof, Dazai had found some old stairs down the side of the crumbling building and though they looked quite unstable and broken in some places, sauntered up them without a care in the world, his hands shoved inside the pockets of his tan trench coat like always.