Chapter 5 - Backstory part 1

TW- Child abuse-shit parents- forced separation and seclusion (please let me know if I missed any!)

'CLICK' 'FLASH'

A new picture, one to be hung up on the wall. In it showed a stern looking man in a dark grey suit, stood next to a slim woman, dressed in a black silk dress. Stood below them, a small boy, dressed in a children's suit, dark brown hair sat upon his hair, a dead look in his eyes.

(2 years later after the picture was taken)

A small boy sat, staring out of a window, a small book resting on his leg. Outside the decrepit room, children were playing outside, playing hopscotch and what-not. The small boy sighed as opened up his book. He enjoyed reading very much. He liked that it helped him to escape his reality, travel into a new world.

A few hours later he had finally finished his book. He had already read it over 20 times but it was the only book he owned so it was all he could do during the day.

The child sat up against the wall and swung his legs around to dangle off of the window ledge, then after a few moments jumping off, placing his bare feet down onto the cold, dusty floor below.

Shuffling over to the other side of the small room, which did not take long as it was only big enough for him to take about 8 small steps inside. Down on the floor in the corner of the room was a thin sheet of fabric, dirtied and brown. He sat down onto it wad lay down, his head resting onto a small, torn t-shirt, which had been rolled up to act as some sort of pillow.

A few moments later he heard the click of the door and sighed, a tall man, dressed in a tight navy suit walked in, his hands gloved in leather. The small boy stood up and stood before the man with his head bowed.

'slap'

The sound echoes through the empty room as the small boy falls to the floor, his cheek burning but he doesn't react, he stays still, laying on the floor.

The man walks over to him and kicks him in the stomach, sending him against the wall, still he doesn't react.

(random, but I totally just took a break and sang the entire track of both heathers and Hazbin hotel to my cats lol, ok back to the story lol)

A few seconds later the boy feels something being thrown on top of him, he lifts his head up and stares at the deep green suit now laying on top of his legs. It was a far cry of luxury compared to the tattered clothes he was in already.

"Party, you have 5 minutes, hurry up and get changed," The suited an said in a disgusted voice staring down at the child,

He complied, standing up and changing right then and there as the man watched. He didn't care, he was used to it anyway.

After the 5 minutes was up the boy had finished changing and the man dragged him out of the dishevelled room, pulling him out into the day. The sunlight flooded into the young boys eyes, blinding him momentarily. He blinked a few times until his vision had returned to normal. He hadn't been outside in a while. Usually his parents had a party about every 2 weeks which he would have to attend but he hadn't been needed for at least 2 months, well that was what he thought at least. He had no exact idea of how many days had gone by but he was pretty confident that it was around that amount considering he counted when the light coming from the small window changed.

Of course he wasn't completely alone during that time, there was the people who sometimes brought him food, just enough so that he wouldn't die, and of course when his parents came in after a hard day at work to have a "chat" with him and "play". He could always tell when a party would be coming up, his meals would become slightly more frequent, his parents were trying to bulk him up, if only a little, so that people wouldn't get suspicious.

...

The boy and his father arrive at a rather large house, a pristine white coat of paint enveloped its walls and large marble pillars held up ceilings covered in murals of angels. He had been here a good few times, it was where a carriage would pick him and his so called family up to escort them to whoever's party they would be attending that night,

Just then a small girl sauntered down the large oak staircase, a bounty of maids and butlers following behind her in suit. A large pink frilled dress swayed just above her ankles as jewels from her neckless shimmered, reflecting the light shone down by the mass of lights in the room. She skipped over to the two, completely ignoring the young boy and instead jumping right at the large man, she swung her arms around his waist, having to reach up to do so.

"Daddyyy your homee!" She squealed as the man patted her hair.

"Hello darling, you love wonderful as always," He said in a completely different tone to the one he had used before. Compared to the cold, stern tone he used with the boy, this one was warm and loving, the two children lived worlds apart despite being sibling.

"Does he haveee to come to this partyyy daddyyy? This one if for Olivia and he's gonna make me look baaaad!" She wines as she points to the boy, who stands solidly to the side of them, not uttering a word.

"I know sweetie and I'm sorry, but you know what would happen if he just stopped appearing in public, people would ask questions. And we don't want that do we?" He says, pinching her cheeks lovingly.

"Okay , but he's not allowed to talk to any of my friends!" She shouts pouting and crossing her arms hurriedly.

"Of course not, he will stay near me and not talk to anyone unless I say he may,"

"Isn't that right,... Fein?" He mutters, turning to face the boy.

"Yes father,"

Word count-1032

Okay First! Can we talk about how cool I am for the name (Oh right, WOAHHHHHH different name :0, so basically I went on google and researched the word for suicide in other languages, I landed on the word in Irish which is "Féinmharú" and basically took the first part of it! I am actually sooo proud of myself for that!

Anywayyyy sorry if this one was a bit boring I was just trying to set up the background! Next chapter will pop off I promise. Also I am so dead when i go back to school next week, I was meant to be revising for a hugeeee history test (gotta love history omg) and I have literally just been writing all break, at least my English scores will be good lol! SOOOO wish me luckkkkkk! BYEEEEEEE!

Also very random but look how goddamn adorable one of my cats was being as I wrote this🥰🥰