Chapter 2

Hot shot was in Cook Children's Hospital. The reason why was because he had a brain tumor. The type of brain tumor he has is called Choroid Plexus Carcinoma it is a grade 3 brain tumor. Which means it is brain cancer. Hot shot was having many questions and wondering about many things. Hot shot was wondering why he got a brain tumor and why he got cancer. He was wondering why did this have to happen to him. He was wondering if it was his fault. He was wondering how long he would have treatment. He was wondering what it would be like to have treatment. He was wondering what would happen during treatment. He was wondering if he could still be a kid. He was wonder how long he was going to stay in the hospital. He was wondering when he could go home. He was wondering if he was going to be alright. He was wondering why he had to fight his cancer. He was wondering more about cancer and what it was. He was wondering if it was normal to be feeling many different feelings. He was wondering if he was going to get better. He was wondering about the seizures.

He was wondering about a lot of things to say the least. It made it hard for him to focus and think about things. Right now he was trying to sleep. All of this wondering and worried was making it hard to sleep.

Hot shot was also having soreness in chest from the Hickman line recently being placed in. It was to help him get medicines, treatments, blood products and tests without so many needles. Hot shot was also having a bit of sore head mainly at the surgery sight. It wasn't pleasant to say the least. It hurt a lot. Hot shot didn't enjoy it. Hot shot was trying to sleep too.

He didn't like being sore when he was trying to sleep. It made it hard to sleep. Hot shot was still trying to sleep when a nurse came in to check on him. "Hello Hot shot, I need to check a few things," the nurse said. She was checking his heart beat and other vitals.

"My head hurts, especially right here," Hot shot said point to where he had surgery.

"That is normal, you just had surgery done on you brain, so it is going to hurt for a while," the nurse said. "It hurts and it is no fun to be in pain," she said. "But it only lasts for about 10 days," she said.

"Oh," Hot shot said. "My chest is also sore," he said.

"That is from getting your Hickman line put in," the nurse said. "it is going to be sore for a while," she told him.

"It hurts and it is not easy to sleep," Hot shot said. "Mainly my head," he said.

"Would you like some pain killers to help?" the nurse asked.

"Okay," Hot shot said.

The nurse came back with the medicine. "Would you like to take it with a cup or syringe?" the nurse asked.

"Cup," Hot shot said.

The nurse poured the medicine into a cup. Then she handed it to Hot shot. Hot shot then swallowed what was in the cup. "Good job poppet," Quickshadow said.

"Very good," the nurse said. "You need to go back to sleep now okay Hot shot?" she asked.

"Okay," Hot shot said. Hot shot went back to sleep after that. The pain and soreness began to go away. Hot shot was feeling much better after that. He was able to sleep a bit after that.

Hot shot was still wondering about many things though. He was wondering the same things as before. He was doing a lot of wondering. Hot shot was hoping to get answers sometimes soon.

Then morning came, the sun had risen over the clouds. It was shining it's light into the hospital windows as it shined brightly.

Hot shot woke up and saw it was morning. "Good morning Hot shot," the nurse said.

"Good morning," Hot shot said. He was still having a bit of a headache but it wasn't as bad now. But it was still sore on the part of his head where he had surgery done.