Chapter 4

Hot shot was in the children's hospital at the moment. He was soon going to start treatment for his brain tumor. It was a type of brain tumor called choroid Plexus Carcinoma. Hot shot was doing much better now after his physical therapy, occupational therapy and speech therapy. He was able to do what he enjoys really easily. His therapist say he is quick study and excellent patient. However  right now Hot shot was scared and nervous about starting treatment. Hot shot was ready to have his treatment. He was going to be very brave for it too. At the moment Hot shot woke up. Today was his birthday. "I want to watch all the air bud movies and I want to watch other dog movies too like Beethoven movies," Hot shot said.

"I think we can arrange that," Quickshadow said. "luckily for you I packed all of the ones we have on DVD including the air buddies and Beethoven movies," she said. "I also have other dog movies too," she said.

"Oh boy," Hot shot said.

"Good morning Hot shot," Dr. Zhao said. "How are you feeling today?" she asked.

"Great," Hot shot said. "I am going to watch all the air bud and other dog movies." he said. "My mummy brought all the DVDs from home," he said. "I am going to have some fun on my birthday," he said.

"That sounds like fun," Dr. Zhao said. "So Hot shot I hope your birthday is happy here in the hospital," she said. "You will get a special cupcake to celebrate," she said.

"Ooh," Hot shot said. "When will I start my treatment?" he asked.

"You will start treatment on Monday as far as I know," Dr. Zhao said. "Looks like everything for your radiation treatment plan is all set up and you will start treatment on Monday," she said.

"Oh boy," Hot shot said.

"Hello," Heatwave said coming in.

"Daddy," Hot shot said.

"My boss gave me the day off because he knows about your diagnosis and he said go spend time with kid on his birthday because right now he needs it," Heatwave said. "I brought presents from family and family friends they all sent them through the mail." he said. "They really can't visit at the moment due to hospital rules," he said. "It has been that way since the pandemic," he said.

"I wish I could see them," Hot shot said.

"I know son," Heatwave said. "But don't worry okay, they still love you," he said. "Ready to have some fun on your birthday?" he asked.

"Yes," Hot shot said.

They began watching the movies. The nurses checked on Hot shot make sure he was doing okay. Hot shot did other things too. Hot shot went to the build a bear and got a plush Pikachu. Hot shot went got Chic-fil-a for lunch.

Hot shot loved his special cupcake too.

Hot shot was having a good birthday. Hot shot even got to spend time with his friends too. Hot shot was very happy about this too.

Hot shot was wondering about radiation therapy still. He knew about some of the side effects and how it was painless. He was wondering what it would be like to experience it. He was wondering about that a lot.

"I know what radiation therapy is and what is does, and the side effects," Hot shot said. "But what is it like when you get it and go through it?" He asked.

"Well Hot shot it can vary from person to person, but it can be a very grueling treatment and cause a lot of problems," Dr. Grete said. "But the import things to remember is it is going to help you," he said.

"How long will I get radiation treatment for?" Hot shot asked.

"You will get your radiation for 6 weeks," Dr. Grete said. "it is going to help," he said. "The radiation therapy is going to be aimed at the spot where the tumor was," he said. "Radiation is sometimes given while patient is also getting chemotherapy," he said. "Or after chemotherapy, in some types of tumors," he said. "But when it is Medulloblastoma it is give before chemotherapy and then after radiation therapy is over it is a few week rest period and then chemotherapy," he said.