Chapter 8

Hot shot was getting treatment for Choroid Plexus Carcinoma which is a type of brain cancer. Hot shot was going back and forth to treatments and tests at the hospital. Hot shot was also having time to go to his kindergarten classes. Hot shot was happy to being able to go to his kindergarten classes.

Hot shot was happy to see his friends there in his class.

Their child life specialist came and explained about what a brain tumor was and what that meant for Hot shot and his friends. Hot shot was happy to have his child life specialist there to explain that Hot shot's cancer isn't contagious. Hot shot is happy to be in school for the first time too.

His new friends at the school had a lot of questions for him. They were wondering many things. "Hot shot what is the hospital like?" one of them asked.

"It is pretty unique at the children's hospital, there are a lot of kids there at a children's hospital, all different ages," Hot shot said. "But all the patients are children," he said. "It can get a little boring at times," he admitted. "So you have to find ways of entertaining yourself," he said. "There are a lot of nice people who work at the hospital too," he said.

"Why are you bald?" one kid asked.

"The treatment for my cancer makes my hair fall out," Hot shot answered. "But once my treatment ends my hair will grow back," he explained. "Until then I wear a hat," he said showing them.

"Wow," the kids said.

"Where did that scar come from?" one of them asked.

"I got this scar from a surgery the doctors did to remove my brain tumor," Hot shot explained. "The doctors managed to remove the whole thing," he explained.

"Whoa," one of the kids said.

Hot shot still had to go to the hospital very often. He needed to be checked out by the doctors to make sure he was doing okay. They wanted to check on everything. They wanted to make sure Hot shot was happy and healthy during treatment.

Hot shot's treatment was going very well. Hot shot had been getting treatment for over a year. It had been almost a year and a half since Hot shot had started treatment. Hot shot was seeing Dr. Zhao today to see news about his scans and tests. "I have great news," Dr. Zhao said.

"What is it?" Hot shot asked.

"Hot shot's scans have come back clean and as have the other tests," Dr. Zhao said. "They have been looking good and clean for past couple of months," she said. "Hot shot is in remission and has no evidence of the disease," she said.

"What does that mean?" Hot shot asked.

"It means you beat cancer Hot shot," Dr. Zhao said.

"That is wonderful," Quickshadow said.

"That is the best news ever," Heatwave said.

"I did it," Hot shot said.

"Hot shot you will still need to get treatment for several more weeks," Dr. Zhao said. "After that you will need to come back for scans every few months for the first few years to make sure the cancer is gone and staying away," she said. "But after five years no sign of the tumor coming back you will be officially cancer free," she told him.

"Oh boy," Hot shot said. "That is cool," he said.

"Yes it is," Dr. Zhao said.

Hot shot got a few more weeks of chemotherapy to help just in case there were any cancer cells that were not see. Hot shot soon got to ring the bell to celebrate finishing his cancer treatment. "Ya, good job Hot shot," Quickshadow said.

"Way to go son," Heatwave said.

"I did it," Hot shot said.

"Good job Hot shot," Dr. Zhao said.

"I am going to miss everyone here at the hospital," Hot shot said.

"You are still going to need scans and checks up a bunch of times for the next five years to make sure the cancer is staying away," Dr. Zhao said. "It will be for every month to three months at first so you will be seeing me a lot," she said.

"Okay," Hot shot said.

The months started to pass. Hot shot saw his hair was starting to grow back. It was very short and thin. But it started to thicken after a few weeks. It was a bit of lighter shade of blonde than before. Hot shot liked his new hair a lot too. It was pretty cool.

Hot shot's scans were coming back clean. Hot shot was also getting check ups to make sure he is doing alright after his cancer treatment had finished. Hot shot was feeling a lot better than before. Hot shot was happy to have his port taken out. There is a small scar where it was.

In May Hot shot got his wish. He got a little dalmatian puppy all his own. Hot shot was very happy about this. He was so happy about getting his puppy. "I will call his Fireplug," Hot shot said with a smile. The puppy was now named Fireplug. Hot shot and Fireplug were becoming very close. They loved each other very much.

Hot shot and Fireplug played together a lot. Hot shot enjoyed playing with Fireplug. It was a wonderful time for Hot shot. Hot shot was very happy and growing into a healthy child.

Hot shot's scans were still coming back clean as the years went by. Hot shot was doing really well and becoming very strong and healthy.

Hot shot soon a man and all grown up. He hasn't had a reoccurrence of the cancer nor has he gotten any other cancers either. Hot shot is very lucky. Hoist, Medix, Whirl and Wedge also were lucky not to have a reoccurrence or a secondary cancer. They are still good friends and they all love to spend time together.

Hot shot has had his story shared online. To help inspire others and hopefully help kids with cancer. Hot shot also has a family of his own too. Hot shot is even a strong professional athlete. Hot shot will never forget his battle against brain cancer.   

🎉 You've finished reading Amazing Little Firefighter, Stuffed animals and Best Friends Vs Brain tumor Fire 🎉