Chapter 1: Rain and Kiki

I blinked my eyes open. I was next to Veneer. Why am I- oh right. Someone was knocking on the door.

   "Ritz! Come out here, Moms are visiting!" I heard Lenny's voice from behind the door.

   I sit up. Moms were here? "I'll be out in a sec!" I yelled. I shake Veneer awake. "Hey! Venny!"

   He blinked up at me. "What is it?"

   "Do you wanna meet my moms?" I ask.

   He sat up. The blanket fell from his bare chest. Oh yeah. I forgot he took his shirt off. Damn he looks good. "You're moms?" He asks.

   "Yeah." I say.

   "Okay! Sure!" He kissed my cheek and grabbed his shirt, slipped it on, and stood up.

   As we walked, I could hear my mom's voice. "Well, it's nice to know you finally found someone."

   I stepped into the living room, "Hi everyone." I say.

   "Ritz! You finally came out here! Who's this?" My mom asked.

   "You haven't told them about us?" Veneer asks me.

   "Told us about what?" My other mom asked. "Wait- is Orchid not the only one with news of a relationship?"

   "Um, yeah, this is Veneer." I say.

   "Ugh, finally!" My mom laughs. She hugged me. Tightly.

   "Mom, I can't breathe!" I manage to say.

   "Sorry." Then she covered me with kisses. I could hear Veneer laughing behind us.

   "Mom!" I say.

   "Ritz, I am your mother, it is my job to cover you in my love. When you become a parent you'll understand." She smirks.

   "She's right." Veneer giggled. "Mother's know best."

   "See. Listen to your boyfriend, he's a smart young man. A good looking one to." She observed.

   "That's where I have to draw the line, only I get to tell Venny how cute he is." I say, wrapping my arm around his shoulders.

   "Ohhhh, Venny? You're using pet names already?" She smirked.

   "I mean, we've been dating for six months, why not?" Veneer said.

   "Six months?" Mom raised her eyebrow. "Six months and you haven't said anything?"

   Shit. "Um, no?" I say.

   "Classic Ritz," My other mom says. "Always waiting till the last minute to say anything."

Veneer's perspective.

   One of Ritzy's moms, the one that looked more like Orchid, while the other looks more like Ritzy and Lenny, says: "You know, it's kinda funny if you think about it."

   Ritzy's other mom laughs.

   "So what are your names? We kinda need something else to call you other than 'Ritzy and Orchid's Moms'." I say.

   "Ritzy?" The one with the yellow and blue hair says. "I absolutely ADORE these nicknames! I'm Kiki."

   "I'm Rain, now, how about we all sit down and watch a movie! I hear there's a new Pixar movie out. Elemental right?" Rain said.

   "Yeah I think so." Kiki agreed.

   We all sat down on the couch. Lenny, who sat in the middle, put her feet up on the coffee table, I snuggled up against Ritz, and Orchid and Velvet snuggled up together. Rain and Kiki sat together.

   I ended up falling asleep though. And I woke up three feet off the floor.

   I clutched the first thing I felt. Which was Ritz. Who was also the one carrying me.

   "Ritz! What the hell!" I exclaimed.

   "Oh you're fine!" He said.

   Instead of relaxing I clung to him. Praying I won't fall.

   He put me down on the bed and I clutched the blankets like my life depended on it.