Chapter Eight - Accepting Renata

Renata

I am in the forest again; the trees loom over me and the wind howls forbiddingly. I stumbled over a branch, losing my footing and went tumbling down. My dress is now soiled and torn. “Renata…Renata…” An eerie voice croons my name, sending shivers down my spine. The voice is calling me, tugging on my soul. I’m pulled towards its source, it beckons me forward. Onward and onward I tread, my body feels like a heavy shell, burdening my aching heart. I find solace in that soothing sound. “Renata…Renata…”

The leaves fall, spinning around me in a waltz. I hear her voice, a sweet sonata, a peaceful symphony. The forest thins around a clearing. A small pool of water situated in its midst. I feel safe. The grass cushions my kneeling knees, the morning dew glitters like diamonds on each blade. I feel restored. I see someone that resembles me on the mirror-like waters. She is happy. She is beautiful. Teardrops fall, breaking the glass. Ripples mar the image and replace it with a new one. She is with someone else. Someone older but just as divine -her mother, perhaps.

A sigh escapes before I can restrain it as the girl’s hair is weaved in an intricate braid by her mother. They are laughing. They are happy. The air around me changes, it feels full of energy. I feel content. My fingers reach for them. I want to touch them. I want to feel their happiness. They are just out of my grasp. I reach further. They turn and hold their arms open for me. I’m almost there. I’m almost with them.

They have vanished. The glass is shattered. I keep falling downwards.

I am numb.

                                        -----------------------------------------------------

Justice

Gianna is so perfect when she sleeps. Her silky skin almost glows in the moonlight, her hair pools around her head on the pillow like a golden halo. ‘Those lips…’ I stop myself. I don’t want to wake her, but in a few hours I’m probably going to have a situation down below and I owe it to her to take this slow. ‘Cold water would help…’ I mutter as I tear myself away, carefully easing her out of my arms.

She stirs a bit and then hugs another pillow, smiling. I melt inside but leave the room as quietly as possible, avoiding the floor boards that creak. I have been doing this all week as it’s becoming harder and harder for us to be apart. I want to mark her- BADLY, but I promised Creed I’ll give it a month or two.

Obviously at the time I didn’t realise how painful this would end up. It was an idea destined to fail from the start. Yes, I agree that Gia and I should get to know each other better and I should date her as though she was human because she likes all that frilly stuff. Gianna is special; she deserves to be pampered, but damn! I have needs and I’m sure she does too.

I walk into Creed’s room and pick up my phone in case I don’t get back before she wakes up. I hate when she worries. Creed wakes up just as I go through the window and as I jump down to the pavement I can hear him snickering. “Bastard,” I grumble. The morning air is refreshing and as I jog down the driveway, I can feel the stress roll off my back like the morning dew. My wolf is straining to escape; he loves the dawn just as much as I do. I let him take over and I speed towards the lake in the east of the Thunder Pack’s estate.

Back at home, my father and the rest of the males in the pack always went for a morning swim at this time. Honour and I couldn’t wait to go but we weren’t allowed until we turned fifteen. When Honour started going he would come back and tell me about all the cool things they did and I’d wish I wasn’t the youngest. In all honesty, it wasn’t that exciting –just a run through the mountains and a jump into the hot springs.But the symbolism behind it was what made it special.