Chapter Fourteen - In My Head

Hey dolls and dudes!

SUMMER IS HERE!! I have more time to write so there will be new uploads on Fridays and sometimes bonus uploads on Tuesdays! Thanks for your patience during the exam hiatus period.

This chapter is shorter than my usual, but I wanted to get back the 'mate' aspect of the story (after its what makes them seem different from just mere bf's/gf's). 

COMMENT and LIKE ^_^

Happy reading,

SincerelyCiCi

*****************************************************************************************

Gianna

'What was she thinking?!' The gears in my mind moved as though doused in oil. 'She has no clue what she did! She is an idiot!' My sister is insane. 

I relived the horrifying incident that happened earlier and mourned my social suicide. Skylar,  -or  I should say 'Her Royal Highness' Skylar Aubrey Roxius Silvermoon - was more than your average super rich, popular girl. She was untouchable. She was 'Queen Bee' personified -not because she wore the latest clothes and went on fancy vacations (which she did) but because it was her birthright. 

She is the younger of the two Silvermoon heirs, the original family. Now you may be saying in your head 'woohoo she's a princess, what's the big deal?' ...trust me she is the big deal. Let me school you:

The werewolf population is made up of packs and rogues. The older (and therefore closer to the original bloodline ) packs are obviously larger,and as a result more powerful and richer than the newer packs. The original bloodline is the purest, and as a result bares the rare 'coat' characteristic. In other words, their coats were pure white when changing into their wolf. My family, the Thunder Pack is in the top five oldest grouping. Therefore though our coats would never be white, they are a sandy blonde colour. 

Silvermoon's was a right of passage, but it also was highly important to the future stability of your pack. You spend the majority of your teenage life at Silvermoon's not only to learn and all that educational crap, but most importantly to network and form ties. The wealthier packs could afford to send more of their pack members to Silvermoon's. More members enrolled meant that there was a greater chance of forming more or stronger ties. Packs needed to have strong alliances with other packs in order to survive - financially and peacefully. 

Though mating is considered a magical thing, there are some things at stake if you are on the higher tiers.  As the daughter of one of the most powerful packs in the country, it was ideal (politically) that Justice, the son of another powerful Alpha, ended up to be my mate. 

I wouldn't care if he were a rogue because our bond is stronger than anything in this world, but realistically, that may  have posed some problems. The female always follows the male mate into his pack. If Justice were a rogue, i'd have to become one also. It sounds harsh and you may wonder why he wouldn't be able to just join my pack and then everyone would be happy, right? Wrong. Breaking your pack bond is not only betrayal, but its physically excrutiating. I've been told it feels almost like breaking your mating bond. Once you do that, you are a lone wolf. Forever.

Catty or petty behaviour was dangerous. Renata needed to be especially careful who she rubbed the wrong way. It wasn't just about her pride, it influenced the wellbeing of our entire family for decades to come. Disrespecting the royal heir was dangerous.  Posing as Creed's mate meant that she had to represent the entire pack, after all, she is pretending to be the future Luna of the Thunder pack. Her every move meant whether we'd be able to make business relationships or if we'd go to war. If Creed or Daddy found out about this, goddess knows what would happen.

'Do you want to talk about it?' Justice's concerned voice seeped into my head as I pretended to sleep. I breathed slower and let out a small fake snore for good measure.

"You're not fooling anyone, Gi," He sighed and kissed my hair. I squirmed around in the down comforter to face my mate, taking care not to fall off the scarce remainder of mattress.

"How did you know?" I huffed, pouting. I took a moment to observe the most amazing person I've ever met. He looked so handsome...but sleepy. 'Great job, Gia...you're keeping him up...'

"I know everything," He said cheekily and managed a sleepy smirk. I still melted a bit inside.

"Get some rest, I'll tell you tomorrow," I said with finality and turned over once more and pretended to sleep.

"Gianna..." I heard him sigh but continued on my pursuit for an Academy Award for Best Sleep Scene "...Gianna, you're my mate. I've been yearning for you from the time I learned about mates. I've memorized your facial expressions, the way you walk, favorite things...almost everything you can think of...I'm basically whipped. Saying that, I know when you are worried about something and I definitely know how you sleep..." I felt a hand start to tickle me and I struggled not to react until finally surrendering into a fit of giggles "...and I know you aren't sleeping, okay?"

"Okay! Just stop! Please!" I wriggled and kicked my way out of his grasp and somehow managed to sit on him with his hands firmly in my grasp.

"Talk to me, it's why I'm here," He looked straight through me and I felt sparks of electricity run through my veins.

I bent forward and kissed him. Then I spilled everything.