Chapter Eleven (part 2) ~ Leaving Day

Hey Chicas / Chicos!

I realised I don't have friday classes *victory dance* so... finally uploads should be more regular. I'll be posting new chapters on FRIDAYS/SATURDAYS!!! September is my bday month so I will be having a 'Followers Appreciation Month' in which new followers, ones that give feedback or just me randomly picking will get a dedication and/or me making them a character in 'Whispers of Liberty'...who knows, if they 'fit' well, they may become a permanent character *wiggles eyebrows*

Happy Reading :D

-SincerelyCiCi

=------====-------------------===========------------------------=====-------========-------------

Gianna

The scent of turkey and swiss paninis  woke me from my sleep. ‘Eww…what is that?’ I quickly wiped the wet sensation off of my cheek before Renata noticed. Looking over at my sister –who was still fast asleep –I slowly rose off of her and the leather chair, taking care not to make that dreadful squelching sound.

Slipping out of Dad’s private room , I swayed slightly and then quickly adjusted to walking on the cruising jet. My stomach rumbled loudly, causing the other kids to giggle and the others also sleeping to stir or twitch. I stuck my tongue out and smirked, “Hey Sydney, where’s lunch?” The tall, older girl with the sassy pixie cut smiled.

“We were wondering if you two would come out of the cave! There’s paninis and apple juice in the kitchen…its around there and to the right,” she directed in a chirpy voice. Walking at human pace (part of the safety rules…can’t have us zipping all around the place) around to the small kitchen, I took two sandwiches out of the fully stocked fridge and placed them in the toaster oven to warm.

I hummed ‘Beautiful’ by Mariah Carey and smiled to myself, wondering what Justice and Creed were up to now –well actually more so on the Justice part. My wolf twitched at the thought of our mate…and then resumed to the infantile sulking she had been doing since the moment I watched his cherry mustang drive off into the distance. ‘Don’t worry…we’ll see him soon…’

Gnawing at the corner of my bottom lip, I re-opened the mini fridge and pulled out the carton of apple juice. ‘Maybe I can try mind linking him again…’ My wolf skipped inside at the thought of contact. I took out two plastic cups and carefully filled them with juice, steading my hand from trembling due to the turbulence. I didn’t really like flying…but I was determined to show everyone that I could be a good leader and for that I couldn’t be in the corner rocking and crying because of my fear of heights.

The whole mind linking thing was new to both of us…I didn’t even know if it worked at such a far distance –we’d only tried it from separate rooms in the house. I got a bit of a rush at knowing that no matter where we both were, we could still be in contact –a feeling that calmed the frazzled nerves that I got from being away from him for too long. I’d known that mates were uncomfortable when apart but I felt like a part of me was missing and then if it became too long, my entire body felt as if covered in pins and needles, hence why I avoided it at all costs.

The uneasy feeling  of being away from him had only gotten stronger in the pit of my stomach. I thought sleeping would help but it only numbed the feeling for a short while. ‘Food…you need food!’ Trying to distract myself I yanked the toaster oven open prematurely and took a large bite out of my sandwich, the thick,gooey cheese searing my lip slightly as it dripped out from the bread. The sharp pain and yummy goodness helped a bit.

I continued to eat, alternating between taking large bites out of the Panini and gulping down the cool apple juice to prevent the cheese from burning my tongue. My wolf whimpered, nagging me to mind link Justice. ‘No! He might be driving…we’re still new to it, I don’t want to distract him. He may get hurt!’  Chomp.  I placed my hand absentmindedly where my shoulder and neck meet. The contact send a jolt of electricity throughout my body, forcing me to yelp.