Chapter 2

As Arie watched Sky approach, memories of their tumultuous past flooded her mind. Their rivalry had been fierce, each vying for dominance in every aspect of their lives. Yet, here they were, on the brink of an unexpected reunion.

Before she could fully process the moment, a voice pulled her attention away. "Arie!" It was Andy, her loyal best friend since childhood, always there to support her through thick and thin. Beside her stood Vendy, her twin sister, her fiery spirit evident in the mischievous twinkle in her eyes.

"Andy, Vendy," Arie greeted them with a warm smile, grateful for their presence amidst the sudden whirlwind of emotions.

As Andy wrapped her in a tight embrace, Arie couldn't help but steal a glance over her shoulder at Sky, who was now only a few steps away. Beside him stood Theo, their new neighbor, his easy smile contrasting sharply with Sky's more reserved demeanor.

"Who's your friend?" Vendy asked, her curiosity piqued as she followed Arie's gaze.

Arie hesitated for a moment before introducing Sky. "That's Sky," she explained, her voice tinged with uncertainty. "We have a bit of history."

Andy raised an eyebrow inquisitively, but before he could inquire further, a voice interrupted them. "Arie, it's been ages!" It was Stormy, Arie's sister, appearing seemingly out of nowhere with her trademark flair for the dramatic.

"Stormy, what are you doing here?" Arie asked, surprised by her sister's sudden appearance.

Stormy flashed a mischievous grin. "I heard there was a reunion happening, and I couldn't resist crashing the party."

As the group exchanged pleasantries, Arie couldn't shake the feeling of apprehension lingering in the air. With Sky standing just a few feet away, their shared history loomed large, casting a shadow over the unexpected gathering.

Little did Arie know, their paths were about to intertwine in ways she never could have imagined, setting off a chain of events that would change the course of their lives forever.