Chapter 15 (his birthday)

The sun hung low in the sky on the warm evening of July 3rd, marking both Sky's birthday and their one-year anniversary. Arie had been planning something special for weeks, determined to make this day unforgettable for the man who held her heart in his hands.

With meticulous care and boundless love, Arie had transformed their backyard into a haven of enchantment, a place where dreams could take flight and love could flourish beneath the stars. As Sky arrived at Arie's doorstep, he was met with a smile that outshone the sun, a smile that promised magic and wonder beyond his wildest imagination.

"Close your eyes," Arie whispered, her voice a soft melody that stirred his soul.

With a sense of eager anticipation, Sky obeyed, his heart thrumming with excitement. And when he finally opened his eyes, he found himself standing amidst a scene straight out of a fairytale—a garden adorned with twinkling lights, a table set with delicacies, and Arie, radiant and beautiful, standing before him with love shining in her eyes.

Overwhelmed with emotion, Sky sank to his knees, tears of joy glistening in the fading light. "I don't deserve you," he murmured, his voice choked with gratitude.

But before he could say another word, Arie was by his side, her arms enveloping him in a tender embrace. "You deserve everything, Sky," she whispered, her words a gentle reassurance. "You deserve the world and more."

As they held each other beneath the canopy of stars, surrounded by the soft glow of fairy lights and the gentle rustle of leaves, Sky felt a sense of peace wash over him—a peace born of knowing that he was loved beyond measure, and that in Arie's arms, he had found his home.

But as the night drew to a close and they bid farewell to the enchanting garden Arie had created, she slipped a small envelope into Sky's hand—a token of her affection, meant to be opened on his next birthday. As his fingers brushed against the envelope, he felt a slight bulge within, a curious sensation that piqued his curiosity.

Tucking the envelope away for safekeeping, Sky couldn't shake the feeling that there was something more waiting for him—a surprise yet to be revealed, hidden within the folds of Arie's love and devotion. And as he walked away, his heart filled with anticipation, he couldn't help but wonder what secrets lay waiting to be discovered within the confines of that simple envelope.

Little did he know, that would be their last meeting before Sky left for college. As Arie watched him disappear into the night, a lump formed in her throat, the weight of impending separation settling heavily upon her shoulders. But she knew that their love would endure, transcending the miles that would soon stretch between them. And as she held onto the memory of their final embrace, she took solace in the knowledge that their hearts would remain forever intertwined, even in the face of uncertainty and change.