Friendship?

Arie had always struggled with insecurities, especially when it came to Sky's interactions with other girls. Despite her reassurances to him that she didn’t mind, it always stung. Today, they were at the beach, a place that held countless memories for them. The sun shone brightly as they engaged in adorable crafts, making sandcastles and painting seashells. Jazz, unfortunately, was also there.

At one point, Sky had to leave them alone to get some snacks, leaving Arie with Jazz. The silence between them felt heavy initially, but as they talked, Arie was surprised to find they had a lot in common. They both loved guys who could sing, were passionate about painting, and were national-level athletes.

Arie couldn't help but feel a bit lighter. "You know, you're just like a goddess," she admitted to Jazz, her insecurities briefly forgotten.

Jazz looked at her with a soft smile, her voice gentle yet firm. "No, Arie. You’re the one who looks like a goddess. I was kinda jealous of your beauty at first, but now I just want to be your friend. I think you hate me, and that's why I always try to stay near you."

Arie giggled, her heart warming to Jazz's unexpected kindness. She was used to giggling when someone complimented her, especially Sky, who always made her heart race. "I don’t hate you," Arie said, still laughing. "I was just insecure. You’re beautiful and confident, and I thought... I don’t know, that maybe you’d replace me."

Jazz reached out and took Arie’s hand. "There’s no replacing you, Arie. Sky loves you, and anyone can see that. And I think we could be good friends if you let me."

Arie smiled, her insecurities momentarily forgotten in the warmth of the moment. Maybe, just maybe, things could be different from now on.